Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

They found our IHS details and made a decision after just 48 hours. Too quick??!

They found our IHS details and made a decision after just 48 hours. Too quick??!

Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:07 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default They found our IHS details and made a decision after just 48 hours. Too quick??!

This morning I received two emails kinda apoligizing for not finding my wife's IHS a details.

But within 20 mins of that email arriving.... We get two more telling us a decision has already been made. They've only had the applications in their hands for 48 hours!

This does not sound positive - when you think most other people, even those also paying priority wait over 3 weeks.

They also sent additional emails stating that if anyone contacts us claiming to be able to influence the decision that it isn't coming from them, and to report them.

Not sure if that is a generic email. But if so, why send that message if the decision was already positive.

As Han Solo once so famously said...."I have a bad feeling about this...."

Mind you, he also said "let the Wookie win" and "I'll pay him double the money"

So fingers crossed.

If it is a negative decision. Does anyone no matter what if there is any right of appeal? I know, wait to receive their decision first, right?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They found our IHS details and made a decision after just 48 hours. Too quick??!

I suspect I'll be proven right.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:12 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Re: They found our IHS details and made a decision after just 48 hours. Too quick??!

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I suspect I'll be proven right.
?? Is that another quote from Han Solo?? Lol

Which statement are you referring to, about being proven right? Did I miss another thread?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
?? Is that another quote from Han Solo?? Lol

Which statement are you referring to, about being proven right? Did I miss another thread?

Click on BiPs link; on the word "right".
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:33 pm
Goooner!

LOL..... actually they said they had been looking from my Stepdaughters as a separate entity, not as a dependent.

Still make no sense - you have the IHS number, you have the GWF number - both a totally unique. Why would you attempt an initial search against a last name, which is not unique.

You would think the process was this - they receive the application. They check for the Priority receipts, check, they check for the airbill, check, they then type in the IHS number and verify the GWF attached to it is the one on your application, check. OK, we can begin to review your actual application, Job Done.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:35 pm
Goooner!

I'm just wonder how much of a review they could have done of the applications, to come to a decision - the time between the emails was less than 3 hours. Which I guess is all they really should need, but given that no one seems to get a decision in under 3 weeks..... I think I pissed them off with my 5 emails!