Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else receieved an email stating you haven't paid your IMS when you have?

Has anyone else receieved an email stating you haven't paid your IMS when you have?

Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:36 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Has anyone else receieved an email stating you haven't paid your IMS when you have?

Just trying to see if this is a common problem, and maybe a bug with their system. We paid on 8th April, received both the payment receipt from Worldpay and the IHS number confirmation from UK Visa Immigration.

If we logon to their system - it clearly show's we've paid and the only option is a Request a Refund. Their system clearly shows the IHS and the GWF numbers linked.

So why are they sending us emails two weeks later stating as we haven't paid it our application is on hold.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone else receieved an email stating you haven't paid your IMS when you hav

Did you pay your IHS before you applied for your visa and included the IHS reference number on your application?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:47 am
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone else receieved an email stating you haven't paid your IMS when you hav

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you pay your IHS before you applied for your visa and included the IHS reference number on your application?
Absolutely. I paid on line on the 8th have the receipt to prove it. Wrote the IHS number in the top of the 1st page of the applications then this was checked at the Biometrics appointment on the 14th. Application then mailed on the 17th and received by them on the 20th with the IHS also written on the cover letter and the folder I placed it in.

There is no way they could not have seen it. It is just preposterous behaviour on their part either just lazy, sloppy or just plain stupid. Either way it's cost me $80 to call their useless outsourced helpline and taken 3 hours unpaid off work and I still have no idea if they have read my emails.

Today, I'm ashamed that be British
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate your frustration but it's hardly a reason to be ashamed to be British. Just sounds like a common-or-garden civil service screw-up. Unsurprising since the IHS is only a few weeks old. Forget about the phone lines - they're just a money making exercise. Emails are free and will be read by someone who can actually do something about the situation, eventually.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:14 am
Goooner!

I understand your point of view - but we paid for the priority service for a reason. And having your application sat on hold because someone can't literally do the most basic procedure they are supposed to is just...

And this was after they already sent me an email saying we didn't include the Airbill - which was the 2nd page in the pack behind the receipt for priority service and return courier.

It wasn't like they had to hunt for it.

All the stuff I've gone through with US immigration and never had a single hiccup,

I was expecting maybe some come back questions when they actually have "read" through the details but clearly they aren't even reading the first 3 pages!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
I understand your point of view - but we paid for the priority service for a reason. And having your application sat on hold because someone can't literally do the most basic procedure they are supposed to is just...

And this was after they already sent me an email saying we didn't include the Airbill - which was the 2nd page in the pack behind the receipt for priority service and return courier.

It wasn't like they had to hunt for it.

All the stuff I've gone through with US immigration and never had a single hiccup,

I was expecting maybe some come back questions when they actually have "read" through the details but clearly they aren't even reading the first 3 pages!
It'll probably turn out that those emails were incorrect and your application has been processed after all. With a couple of notable exceptions the staff in Sheffield aren't exactly the best and brightest Britain has to offer. Bear with them, they'll get there in the end.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:30 am
Goooner!

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It'll probably turn out that those emails were incorrect and your application has been processed after all. With a couple of notable exceptions the staff in Sheffield aren't exactly the best and brightest Britain has to offer. Bear with them, they'll get there in the end.
That is what I initially thought, but I had the Information Service check the status - and they confirmed the process is ON HOLD.

The other worrying thing is the email said the application is automatically denied if IHS a is not paid for within 7 days.

And yet their email auto response to my reply says they have 20 days to get back to you !

There is so much riding on them getting it right and within the 3-4 weeks. If they take too long we won't we able to physically be able to enroll my daughter in school - you have to be physically present with visa in hand - which means we will have to wait till the start of the new school year and take whatever school has a spare place and we ready found out which school that is, one that has had emergency measures in it for poor performance.

Me, I don't care when I return, but when you have kids it's a whole different ball game.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:32 am
Goooner!

I wish the UK Immigration system website had at least a screen you could go to to check the status of your application. At least if it changed tomorrow I would know they read the emails I sent
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this thread!!

We were panicking today as when we log in also it says make a payment and the IHS ref is not there anymore.

Thanks god we took a screen shot of the initial one.
I wrote to them and ukvi to confirm they received our payment.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:43 pm
Goooner!

he alfista1 - I'm curious, didn't you send in your application the same time as me, i.e. last week?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

he alfista1 - I'm curious, didn't you send in your application the same time as me, i.e. last week?
last week I sent my documents to my wife.

Today she had the VFS appointment and they were sent off directly to Bogota from there.

Strange how she said it will take more than 10 weeks but the website says 79% are sent out within 30 days!

So if you log in to the portal now it does not show the IHS number?

edit: I have read your thread again. My wife was in a panic before so I wasn't concentrating.
I see now you can see the IHS number on the portal.
Now why can't we? They have taken our money.

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 22nd 2015 at 8:03 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:09 pm
Goooner!

So this morning when I looked at their system - it showed we had two applications - only one was the real one, the 2nd one I created as a test run.

Well this morning both where still there, one said Resume, and the real one I paid said Request Refund. BOTH has an IHS number.

Just checked now, and low and behold, both are still there, both with the same status, but now the test one has had it's IHS removed.

I think I know why. I bet people where thinking they either didn't have to or could get away without paying because the system provides you IHS as soon as you create and account.

So maybe they have realized the folly in that. And now they have remove that, instead making you wait to get the email with the reference number, for those that really are exempt from paying.

Well according to UPS, my 'decision' notice will be in my hands by 8pm Friday. The only reason I can think of that they could reject so quickly, and without any further requests for information, is if they deem Savings held against an off-set mortgage are not acceptable. In which case I will be lodging a complaint that they need to make this clear on their website, their guidelines or their paid-for phone service - who were the ones who said it was ok - along with another person on here who went the same route.

That would be annoying, to lose $4k only because there was no one you could actually ask to clarify this point before applying.

I remember, in the old days, when my first wife moved to England in 2000, you could actually call the Immigration office (just like you can call Inland Revenue) and actually speak to someone who know the immigration rules.

I wonder just how much money they now make by doing it this way?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

So this morning when I looked at their system - it showed we had two applications - only one was the real one, the 2nd one I created as a test run.

Well this morning both where still there, one said Resume, and the real one I paid said Request Refund. BOTH has an IHS number.

Just checked now, and low and behold, both are still there, both with the same status, but now the test one has had it's IHS removed.

I think I know why. I bet people where thinking they either didn't have to or could get away without paying because the system provides you IHS as soon as you create and account.

So maybe they have realized the folly in that. And now they have remove that, instead making you wait to get the email with the reference number, for those that really are exempt from paying.

Well according to UPS, my 'decision' notice will be in my hands by 8pm Friday. The only reason I can think of that they could reject so quickly, and without any further requests for information, is if they deem Savings held against an off-set mortgage are not acceptable. In which case I will be lodging a complaint that they need to make this clear on their website, their guidelines or their paid-for phone service - who were the ones who said it was ok - along with another person on here who went the same route.

That would be annoying, to lose $4k only because there was no one you could actually ask to clarify this point before applying.

I remember, in the old days, when my first wife moved to England in 2000, you could actually call the Immigration office (just like you can call Inland Revenue) and actually speak to someone who know the immigration rules.

I wonder just how much money they now make by doing it this way?

Now I am getting worried.

I log on and there is no IHS number!!!

But my wife paid and our bank account says IMM Health Surcharge 936 USD paid and authorised!!

Why isn't the number showing? I sent 2 emails, one to the feedback link and 1 to UKVI. Very anxious to get a reply.

update: Just found the email my wife got confirming payment.
but we didn't get a second email " On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application."

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 22nd 2015 at 8:41 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

After you paid what other steps did you take on the IHS portal?
I am worried my wife didn't complete it properly (she doesn't remember!!!).

Were there more steps after payment?
Our payment went through though!! Help please
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 9:19 pm
Goooner!

From what you've told me I don't think we did anything different.

We went to the portal, created and account. Then went through and provided all the information - at that point it assigned us an IHS on the screen. We then went ahead and submitted it and we either were given the link or it automatically opened the link for WorldPay. We paid and then that was it.

When I went back to the portal is no longer had Resume, it said Request Refund. So we assumed Worldpay had updated this portal.

We then receieved within minutes of each other, one email stating the IHS number (which, laughably, we already knew), and then the one from Worldpay.

the one from UK Immigration says this:

This email confirms your Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) reference number.

If you made a payment, you should have received a separate email receipt from Worldpay.

What you need to do next

If you want to come to the UK

Finish your visa application and write your IHS reference number on the front page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.