Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Tessyscott’s questions about eligibility for British citizenship

Tessyscott’s questions about eligibility for British citizenship

Old Oct 5th 2022, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

TessyScotts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tessyscott’s questions about eligibility for British citizenship

Hello,

not sure if this is the correct forum. I am trying to reach BritinParis bc it seems you are very helpful to so many. So generous. Ofcourse I am happy to hear from others as well and thank you ahead of time. I am in process of applying for British citizenship via my paternal grandmother. Do you know if I can use the Romein principle or something else via my paternal grandmother. Only saw the UKM form for born to a British mother so not clear how to fill out form.

my fathers mother was born in the UK 1906 (deceased)

father born in USA 1928 (deceased) my mother is deceased as well.

i was born 1980 in USA.

any help would be appreciated as we have tried to relocate in the past and have strong ties to the UK. Never made a formal application for citizenship before because I was told that my grandmother (bc she was a woman) could not pass citizenship to my father or myself. Have asked some lawyers but they say its a complex area of undecided law.

thanks again for anyones time.
Tessy
Old Oct 5th 2022, 5:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tessyscott’s questions about eligibility for British citizenship

Hi, welcome to BE. I’ve moved your post into a thread of your own, it’s always best to start your own thread rather than tag your question onto the end of somebody else’s. Hopefully some of our forum pros will be able to help you, good luck.