Temp Employment for Spouse Visa ext

Old Jun 25th 2022, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful_mind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp Employment for Spouse Visa ext

Hello,

We are applying under Cat B. My annual employment income is 20000 and have earned around 22,000 in the past 12 months. Our req threshold is 24,800 with 3 dependents

My spouse is unemployed but has earned more than 8000 per annum in the last 12 months. But I couldn't use her past earnings as she was unemployed.

She has just found a temporary job through an agency with confirmed shifts for the next 3 weeks. Will that suffice to meet the rules under Cat B? Can she apply using this temporary job as evidence of current employment? Very nervous! Your guidance will be much appreciated.

Last edited by beautiful_mind; Jun 25th 2022 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Employment for Spouse Visa ext

How temporary is temporary......?
Old Jun 30th 2022, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful_mind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
How temporary is temporary......?
The agency has booked her in for the next 3 weeks. But there is no contract as of yet. Is that sufficient?

Nothing in the guidance related to this, hence my query.
Old Jun 30th 2022, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

In the employment letter which you must present, the employer must state the nature of the employment : temporary, permanent, fixed contract.

For Cat B one must show that one earns the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum (in your case you are going to be using both your and your partner's income) and that in the past 12 months you have earned 18,600 GBP.

You must be be able to show that your spouse's current income, plus yours, comes to more than 24,800 GBP. I don't know how her showing 3 weeks of work can be used to show an equivalent annual wage.

Old Jul 1st 2022, 2:21 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beautiful_mind
Hello,

We are applying under Cat B. My annual employment income is 20000 and have earned around 22,000 in the past 12 months. Our req threshold is 24,800 with 3 dependents

My spouse is unemployed but has earned more than 8000 per annum in the last 12 months. But I couldn't use her past earnings as she was unemployed.

She has just found a temporary job through an agency with confirmed shifts for the next 3 weeks. Will that suffice to meet the rules under Cat B? Can she apply using this temporary job as evidence of current employment? Very nervous! Your guidance will be much appreciated.
Can't you use your overseas rental income to make up the difference, as discussed with SanDiegogirl previously? FLR (M) question