Taking out a loan?

Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

awz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking out a loan?

Hello

I know that I can't take out a loan to meet the £18600 requirement; however would it be possible for my mum to remortgage her house and give me the money as a gift?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Taking out a loan?

Originally Posted by awz1
Hello

I know that I can't take out a loan to meet the £18600 requirement; however would it be possible for my mum to remortgage her house and give me the money as a gift?
Yes is is possible to accept a gift towards the financial requirements however you should be aware that 18,600gbp is the income requirement.
If you are relying on savings alone you would need to have had 62,500gbp under your control for the required 6 month period.

It is all explained here.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:29 am
Just Joined

robynxo is on a distinguished road

I've been advised that it's very risky to accept a gift like that. I was considering it too. UKBA would want to know where the money originated from and would see that it was from a mortgage. See here:http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...-mortgage.html

Have you considered the Surinder Singh route?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Also:

- Mortgage angle won't work, as the UKBA will want to see your partner's parents' bank statements, and when they see the mortgage deposit go in, the gig will be up and they'll refuse the application. Gift must be from available cash on hand and not the proceeds of a loan/mortgage etc.
and

It's all well and good in the eyes of the UKBA that someone wants to gift you £62.5k and they say as much by allowing such gifts to be made in support of settlement visa applications.

However, in allowing the gift, they (the UKBA) want to know the source of the funds and to ensure that the person(s) "gifting" it to you have the financial means to give you the gift, and as such want to see bank statements supporting the source of the funds.

If the funds were to be transferred into Partner's Mum's account, the UKBA would still want to know where the source of the funds originates.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robynxo
I've been advised that it's very risky to accept a gift like that. I was considering it too. UKBA would want to know where the money originated from and would see that it was from a mortgage. See here:http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...-mortgage.html
You were advised that yours was a bad idea as you were planning to use deception in your visa application.

You said yourself,

We would give them the money back once settled in the UK, I know this means that it is a loan, but who is to stop people from spending the money once it has passed the visa application, it could be another cash gift for instance.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by larrabee
You were advised that yours was a bad idea as you were planning to use deception in your visa application.

You said yourself,
Yes, but how they know unless they tracked my payments up to a year afterwards and saw me returning the money? I understand your point but I think UKBA would still find the mortgage situation fishy regardless as it's not something people do to give money as gifts.