Stepdaughter stay in the UK

Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Stepdaughter stay in the UK

I am in a abusive marriage living in the caribbean ( Commonwealth) with my stepdaugther and my biological daughter ( age 8) with my alcoholic husband
I want to return to the UK without my husband ( he is not British).
My stepdaughter ( I have bought her up since she was 7) wishes to return with me and basically have some education. I do not want to leave her here in this situation, she has only known me as her parent.
Can anyone offer me any advice regarding this.
We can stay with my father in the short term and he will sponsor us so to speak, I have a house here ( solely in my name) which I can sell which will give me about £100,000 to start off with.
Just at a loss as to where to start, but I have to get out soon as my husband is becoming more abusive as the weeks go by.

Any help appreciated, and apologies if this is the wrong forum, if it is please point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 10:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stepdaughter stay in the UK

Have you formally adopted your stepdaughter?
Old Mar 12th 2019, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Have you formally adopted your stepdaughter?
NO I havent, she is 18 in July, if there is time I am prepared too, whatever it takes.
Thank you for reply

Sarah
Old Mar 13th 2019, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah1234
I am in a abusive marriage living in the caribbean ( Commonwealth) with my stepdaugther and my biological daughter ( age 8) with my alcoholic husband
I want to return to the UK without my husband ( he is not British).
My stepdaughter ( I have bought her up since she was 7) wishes to return with me and basically have some education. I do not want to leave her here in this situation, she has only known me as her parent.
Can anyone offer me any advice regarding this.
We can stay with my father in the short term and he will sponsor us so to speak, I have a house here ( solely in my name) which I can sell which will give me about £100,000 to start off with.
Just at a loss as to where to start, but I have to get out soon as my husband is becoming more abusive as the weeks go by.

Any help appreciated, and apologies if this is the wrong forum, if it is please point me in the right direction.

Thank you so much.
While I can't offer you much advice but I do hope whatever path you go down the application is approved quickly and you are out of the abusive relationship soon! good luck
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I hope someone can advise. I do have another question regarding the sale of the house but I will put that on the St Lucia forum.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah1234
NO I havent, she is 18 in July, if there is time I am prepared too, whatever it takes.
Thank you for reply

Sarah
I sympathise with your predicament. I googled this Web Portal of the Government of Saint Lucia , perhaps that contains links that could illuminate your quandary. Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah I am sorry to read about your situation. In cases such as yours we normally recommend you clear the history on your computer, just in case your husband is monitoring your online activity.

All the best.