Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Old Feb 14th 2019, 3:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by Mran
Hi all,
they have asked my mum to resubmit her passport ������ which apparently means that they are issuing her visa.Phew
But they have refused my sister application again !������ reason of refusal is “ she is single,studying and will not return after visit as she has little ties back home”
this is rediculous.We have provided all the family details,her college enrolment and her joint account with my mum showing around 2500£ money .Now ECO said is not satisfied that she will return .

Does that means she need to get married first to come to UK?have job?then ECO will be satisfied that she will return?

in application it is clearly mentioned that my mum will fund her visit.Now I have 2 questions
1.what should be the next step ?complaint?or reapply and what are chances of complaint again that they will overturn decision
2.Even if we reapply her circumstances will be the same that she will still be single n studying and unemployed what will be the chances then?

i am lost again.Please help!
Glad to hear your Mum got her visa and sorry to hear about your sister. I'm afraid I don't think a complaint will succeed, the processing officer didn't ignore the evidence provided, he/she has decided that being enrolled in college and having some money in a joint account is not proof of sufficient ties. As you've rightly pointed out, reapplying with the same evidence will also very likely fail. Unless your sister's circumstances change, such as starting employment and thus being able to provide an employment contract as evidence of her ties to her home country, then I don't think she's going to be successful in being granted a visa.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Mran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Standard Visitor Visa Refusal - Decision overturned after a complaint

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Glad to hear your Mum got her visa and sorry to hear about your sister. I'm afraid I don't think a complaint will succeed, the processing officer didn't ignore the evidence provided, he/she has decided that being enrolled in college and having some money in a joint account is not proof of sufficient ties. As you've rightly pointed out, reapplying with the same evidence will also very likely fail. Unless your sister's circumstances change, such as starting employment and thus being able to provide an employment contract as evidence of her ties to her home country, then I don't think she's going to be successful in being granted a visa.
Thanks for your input
Old Feb 16th 2019, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Yazan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot for sharing this info.

I'm gonna do it, my business visa was rejected due to ECO unsatisfaction about my social and economical ties, however, we stated that my wife and kids will be here during my travel (1 week only) and all the expenses are covered by the accommodating company.

Just a question, in the compaint form what does my representative /sponsor mean? I'm invited by a company and actually I have the name of a person who has the right to invite (in the invitation letter) but I prefer to write the company name.
Can I fill that form by hand, or it should be printed?

Thanks

Last edited by Yazan; Feb 16th 2019 at 7:25 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Similoluwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vietnamese

Thank you. That gives me more hope. Will update the result once available.
Thank you so much for this forum. I have followed all the advised steps in making a complaint concerning refused visa application.

I received an email saying they accept that an error was made on the part of the ECO. And also a second email saying my application has being dispatched.

My question now is, does this two email means my Visa refusal has been overturned? though it doesn’t say in the body of the email that was sent. I wasn’t told to go resubmit my passport at the TLS either. I was only told that a decision as been made and my application has been dispatched. What does these really mean? Kindly enlighten me, I am nervous.

For those that got their refusal decision overturned, was it stated in the email you were sent to resubmit your passport? Or it was written in the decision letter you picked up at the TLS or VFS center?

Also, if it was a refused decision, wouldn’t they have sent the refusal reason as a pdf attachment in the email they sent, like they did with my initial refusal email? Why are they asking me to go to my TLS to pick up the decision that has been dispatched?

Old Mar 4th 2019, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yazan
Thanks alot for sharing this info.

I'm gonna do it, my business visa was rejected due to ECO unsatisfaction about my social and economical ties, however, we stated that my wife and kids will be here during my travel (1 week only) and all the expenses are covered by the accommodating company.

Just a question, in the compaint form what does my representative /sponsor mean? I'm invited by a company and actually I have the name of a person who has the right to invite (in the invitation letter) but I prefer to write the company name.
Can I fill that form by hand, or it should be printed?

Thanks
Good news for u
Did you fill the form by hand writing? Or direct typing. I want to know in case I need to submit, however, I'm stilk awaiting for the 2nd decision, I supported the documents regarding economic and social ties.

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2019, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Similoluwa

Thank you so much for this forum. I have followed all the advised steps in making a complaint concerning refused visa application.

I received an email saying they accept that an error was made on the part of the ECO. And also a second email saying my application has being dispatched.

My question now is, does this two email means my Visa refusal has been overturned? though it doesn’t say in the body of the email that was sent. I wasn’t told to go resubmit my passport at the TLS either. I was only told that a decision as been made and my application has been dispatched. What does these really mean? Kindly enlighten me, I am nervous.

For those that got their refusal decision overturned, was it stated in the email you were sent to resubmit your passport? Or it was written in the decision letter you picked up at the TLS or VFS center?

Also, if it was a refused decision, wouldn’t they have sent the refusal reason as a pdf attachment in the email they sent, like they did with my initial refusal email? Why are they asking me to go to my TLS to pick up the decision that has been dispatched?

Hi,
I initially received email from complaint that errors have made by ECO and they are reconsidering application.Then received email from UKVI to resubmit your passport.So still waiting for passport return ,it's been more than 2 weeks.i never received email about overturn decision so I m not sure.

Also I received email for my sister that they are reconsidering her application.then received email from UKVI that decision has been made and you will be contacted by VFS to collect your documents ( passport and documents were still with my sister so it was confusing email)then shortly received email from UKVI again with refusal letter and pdf letter explaining reason for refusal.

So please update us what was your outcome.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yazan
Good news for u
Did you fill the form by hand writing? Or direct typing. I want to know in case I need to submit, however, I'm stilk awaiting for the 2nd decision, I supported the documents regarding economic and social ties.

Thanks
Hi ,

Initially I just wrote complaint email and attached important documents.Then I realized I need to fill in the form for complaint.Which I did using PDF edit.si I sent two complaint emails.one just email with normal reason for complaints and second with proper complaint form from UKVI website.But the response I got was from the email I sent with out any complaints form.

So whole point is if you have valid reason for complaints just write email in a format that Lily may has told in her post like applicant number, passport number,gws number etc.and write us reasons.Filling complaint form it not compulsory.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mran
Hi ,

Initially I just wrote complaint email and attached important documents.Then I realized I need to fill in the form for complaint.Which I did using PDF edit.si I sent two complaint emails.one just email with normal reason for complaints and second with proper complaint form from UKVI website.But the response I got was from the email I sent with out any complaints form.

So whole point is if you have valid reason for complaints just write email in a format that Lily may has told in her post like applicant number, passport number,gws number etc.and write us reasons.Filling complaint form it not compulsory.

Hope that helps.
Cool, so clear, thank you so much, hopefully I will receive a positive response this time and don't need to complain 🙏

Cheers
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response.
The email I got about getting contacted by TLS/VFS to collect my documents (whereas passport and documents are still with me) is as confusing to me, as your sister's own too.
I will definitely put up an update.

Originally Posted by LilyMay
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well!

I'd just like to share my experience regarding Standard visitor visa application to the UK (while I'm waiting to apply spouse visa application later). I hope this might help those people who are looking for the answers for same experience as me.

I applied Standard visitor visa (family visit) in June this year and it was rejected based on incorrect assumptions by ECO. It looked like he/she didn't read my application and all the supporting documents carefully. I didn't mention those wrong assumptions here as it's not my main point of this post.

All the family members were devastated of visa refusal and we all looked for what we can do. I searched on many different forums to get help. I found on another forum that a few people tried to complain about their visa refusal though they were not allowed to appeal or judicial review. After doing thorough research on both forums and UKVI website, I got a link, email to complain about UKVI's visa decision. I sent my complaint to the email provided and got a reply from them after 2 weeks saying this is not the correct email address responsible for my complaint and gave me the link of International email inquiry service page for visa application overseas. I replied to them saying I complained the refusal decision according to their guidelines so please accept it. After a week, I got an email from Entry clearance manager of BKK UKVI office, the one responsible for my visa refusal, to provide supporting documents for my complaint. After a couple of days, I got an apology from ECM of BKK office for their mistake and visa refusal decision was overturned.

So, I concluded if ECO made a decision by incorrect assumptions and if you can point out and prove it with strong evidence, you can lodge an official complaint to the following email and the refusal might be overturned. Here is the email address to send complaint letter, download link of complaint form and the link of web page for more details.

How to complain
If you have a complaint about our service or professional conduct, we encourage you to email us at [email protected], as you’re likely to receive a quicker reply.

If you are unable to email, you can also write to us at:

Complaints Allocation Hub
Customer Correspondence Hub
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

You can download and print the Home Office complaints form for UK Visas and Immigration (PDF, 812KB, 2 pages)

Good luck everyone
May
Dear May, was the overturned decision sent via email or letter please, where you told to pick up the new application decision at your TLS/VFS center at any point?
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response.
The email I got about getting contacted by TLS/VFS to collect my documents (whereas passport and documents are still with me) is as confusing to me, as your sister's own too.
I will definitely put up an update.

Dear May, was the overturned decision sent via email or letter please, where you told to pick up the new application decision at your TLS/VFS center at any point?
Any updates yet?
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:48 am
Just Joined

None yet
Old Mar 25th 2019, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Ashpdy is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife’s visa was refused on 22nd March. Reason she doesn’t work so no payslips or bank statements and no property in her name so no ties to home country. I’ve used email provided through this forum and got a reply that my wife needs to complain so we have done that today. Now waiting to hear back. We have mentioned all the situations and gave them our reasons. We got married on 13th and were only together for 4 days as I had to return to work and now her visa was refused. We both are devastated
Old Mar 25th 2019, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

None yet
​​​​​​What was the outcome?did u hear anything?
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashpdy
My wife’s visa was refused on 22nd March. Reason she doesn’t work so no payslips or bank statements and no property in her name so no ties to home country. I’ve used email provided through this forum and got a reply that my wife needs to complain so we have done that today. Now waiting to hear back. We have mentioned all the situations and gave them our reasons. We got married on 13th and were only together for 4 days as I had to return to work and now her visa was refused. We both are devastated
Why apply for a visitor visa for your wife and not a spouse visa so she can join you in the UK?
Old Mar 26th 2019, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Ashpdy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Why apply for a visitor visa for your wife and not a spouse visa so she can join you in the UK?
she still need to sit ielts exam and we have planned our honeymoon in UK this month so I thought would get her family visit visa and later apply spouse visa when she has passed her ielts.
hopefully get some positive response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.