Spouse visa: originals vs. copies?

Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

alyssalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa: originals vs. copies?

Hi all,

I've read that there were changes in November 2018 regarding original documents, that items like payslips and bank statements no longer need to be originals.

Does anyone know if that extends to signed letters, like a landlord letter or employer letter? I'm trying to figure out how much my husband (UK) will need to physically mail to me (US) and how much can be scanned and emailed.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18th 2019, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Amnakashif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa: originals vs. copies?

Hi. I also have a query regarding this matter. I posted original documents along with their photocopies. Would that create any sort of problem or no? I was so confused and worried that i sent both.
When the documents are received or when they start working on the documents do they ( visa application center) send any email or something to tell that the process has started??

Last edited by Amnakashif; Mar 18th 2019 at 6:29 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Mar 20th 2019, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alyssalou
Hi all,

I've read that there were changes in November 2018 regarding original documents, that items like payslips and bank statements no longer need to be originals.

Does anyone know if that extends to signed letters, like a landlord letter or employer letter? I'm trying to figure out how much my husband (UK) will need to physically mail to me (US) and how much can be scanned and emailed.

Thanks!
We applied aroudn this time and had heard no such change. If there is a change, it will be told in the documents required section. I would suggest send originals, not worth the risk.

There is no need to send photocopies to HO if you are sending originals though.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Woodyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent originals and copies of all documents. Except for bank statements, employer's letter and payslips which I sent originals.

I got all originals and copies back, they kept nothing.