Spouse visa denied

Old Oct 30th 2013, 12:51 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa denied

Originally Posted by nm2013
with the relatives address they wanted to know how many people lived there and how many rooms are in the house and have some proof of ownership ie council tax bill

we would of been renting as soon as landed but they wanted a address so we had to put a relative again it's black and white and not much room to explain extra info
That's interesting. I wonder could you use the address of a temporary/holiday rental if you had a firm booking?
Old Oct 30th 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you truly have a job offer offering above the 18,600 per annum then take it, go to the UK, work for 6 months and then apply for the visa again.

Seems a much easier route than travelling to live in another EU country, obtain a job, and then, after at least 3 months, applying for the EEA permit.
Maybe... It's also quite a bit more expensive... (EEA Family permits are required by EU law to be free. Spouse visa and then FLR are priced at a level that the government admits is highly profitable.)
Old Oct 30th 2013, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bkk_mike
Maybe... It's also quite a bit more expensive... (EEA Family permits are required by EU law to be free. Spouse visa and then FLR are priced at a level that the government admits is highly profitable.)
True, but after reading some of the posts from folks who have gone the Singh route it appears that by the time you pay for travel to the EU country, accommodation, living expenses, deposits for just about everything, rental of car, looking for work etc etc, a UK spouse, if having a job already in the UK, might as well go to the UK and work for the 6 months prior to the visa application.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:13 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

True, but after reading some of the posts from folks who have gone the Singh route it appears that by the time you pay for travel to the EU country, accommodation, living expenses, deposits for just about everything, rental of car, looking for work etc etc, a UK spouse, if having a job already in the UK, might as well go to the UK and work for the 6 months prior to the visa application.
A lot of the Singh applicants I read about go to the third country as a family. They have small children and don't wish to be separated from them. One poster to these very boards has a child with disabilities.

Others have no hope of the UK citizen getting a job earning £18600 due to skill sets AND the area of the UK they wish to live in.

I don't think people chose one path over the other due to cost. They chose it because of circumstance.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

bkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud ofbkk_mike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Others have no hope of the UK citizen getting a job earning £18600 due to skill sets AND the area of the UK they wish to live in.
There's also the cases where the UK spouse doesn't work. i.e. housewife that looks after the kids - no matter how much the non-EU spouse earns, it's not taken into account.

It's one area where the Financial requirements could legitimately get taken to the European Court, that in families where only one parent works, it's still commonly the male, especially if they're working in the Middle East or Africa, so requiring the British spouse to have an income is discriminating against women.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have no problem doing it that way just the worry at arrival my wife not being allowed in due to one denied visa...but you think if we have enough prove about a second one being a success and that we would leave if not a success as never over stayed any visa in our lives, they should give her a 6 month holiday stamp?
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the Singh applicants I read about go to the third country as a family. They have small children and don't wish to be separated from them. One poster to these very boards has a child with disabilities.

I don't think people chose one path over the other due to cost. They chose it because of circumstance.
Please read what I wrote. The OP now says he has a job waiting for him in the UK earning over 18,600 per annum. He has no children by the sounds of it.

This, to me, sounds like a "bird in the hand" A job with a salary which will be eligible for the spouse visa.

Yes, he will have to be separated from this wife, but in the long term scheme of things this is not the end of the world. Plenty of people, myself included, have had to be separated from one's family when moving to another country due to having to finalise house/job/family issues.

This job will a)virtually guarantee him a spouse visa and b) he has an ongoing job with income. Why go the Singh route with all its unknown elements and then have to look for a job when you arrive in the UK.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
..... they can clamped on the skilled workers who we actually need and families of British citizens.
Your post makes no sense. "Skilled workers" can easily walk into a job earning (considerably more than) £18,600, and bring their spouse and family along soon afterwards, in accordance with the rules and with very little inconvenience to themselves or their family.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:58 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Please read what I wrote. The OP now says he has a job waiting for him in the UK earning over 18,600 per annum. He has no children by the sounds of it.

This, to me, sounds like a "bird in the hand" A job with a salary which will be eligible for the spouse visa.

Yes, he will have to be separated from this wife, but in the long term scheme of things this is not the end of the world. Plenty of people, myself included, have had to be separated from one's family when moving to another country due to having to finalise house/job/family issues.

This job will a)virtually guarantee him a spouse visa and b) he has an ongoing job with income. Why go the Singh route with all its unknown elements and then have to look for a job when you arrive in the UK.
Likewise - read what I wrote.

I was not saying the OP should necessarily chose Singh. Nor was I saying he should go the UK route.

What I am saying is people don't usually make these decisions based upon the cost of the processes. They chose their immigration path because of circumstance.

I will say this though - in favor of Singh. If I were young and adventurous, I might choose Singh over the UK path. Why give the Home Office thousands of pounds in fees over 5 years when you can go explore Europe for a bit, and walk into the UK for no fees? Nobody poking their nose in your business twice in five years - just once at the end of five?

Just another side of the financial (and bereaucratic hassle) coin.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 1:01 am
WhiteRabbit

i have no problem doing it that way just the worry at arrival my wife not being allowed in due to one denied visa...but you think if we have enough prove about a second one being a success and that we would leave if not a success as never over stayed any visa in our lives, they should give her a 6 month holiday stamp?
I would not have her attempt an entry without a visit visa.

If you pull the present application, she is going to be "marked" for coming into the UK without some sort of visa. They will pull her into secondary and she'll get turned around because the first application marks her for immigrant intent. This just happened a few days ago to the wife of another member of this community.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I am interested to read here about the seeming importance of meeting an "accommodation" criteria.

I'm concerned we may have overlooked this in our plans. We're pretty sure we have the financial requirement sorted for a spouse visa -but (pardon any ignorance) what are the accommodation requirements?

We have planned to just rent somewhere when we arrive... but I wonder now if we are supposed to have a certain address nominated on the visa application?

If so, would a relatives address suffice?
We're going through the same thing right now. We have put the name of a very good family friend (who has known DH since he was born) who has a large house. We drew up a letter that we could stay in their home until we found a permanent residence and had her sign it and mail us the original. We're hoping that will suffice. We put their phone number and address on it, of course.

Does anyone see any issue with this? We are applying using savings only.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:45 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDNtoUK
We're going through the same thing right now. We have put the name of a very good family friend (who has known DH since he was born) who has a large house. We drew up a letter that we could stay in their home until we found a permanent residence and had her sign it and mail us the original. We're hoping that will suffice. We put their phone number and address on it, of course.

Does anyone see any issue with this? We are applying using savings only.
I have found a list of "suggested" documents the applicant can send in for proof of adequate accommodation in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...settlement.pdf
Old Oct 31st 2013, 9:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Your post makes no sense. "Skilled workers" can easily walk into a job earning (considerably more than) £18,600, and bring their spouse and family along soon afterwards, in accordance with the rules and with very little inconvenience to themselves or their family.
These are categories that used to be available to skilled workers and the ones that now remain open.

Tier 1

Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) - Limited to 1,000 applicants per year
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) - Requires £200,000 in funds if new to the UK
Tier 1 (Investor) - Requires £1,000,000 in funds
Tier 1 (General) - Closed
Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) - Limited to 2,000 applicants per year
Tier 1 (Post-study work) - Closed
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme - Closed
Business persons - Closed
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland - Closed
Innovators - Closed
International Graduates Scheme - Closed
Investors - Closed
Writers, composers and artists - Closed

Tier 2

Tier 2 (General) - Limited to 20,700 applicants per year unless earning more than above £152,100 p.a.
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) - No limit
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) - No limit
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) - No limit
Work permits - Closed
Ministers of religion, missionaries and members of religious orders - Closed
Members of airport-based operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline - Closed

So unless you're a priest, a footballer, a banker or posted here by your company there are only 23,700 places available per year for skilled workers from outside the EEA for a country with a population of 63 million.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 10:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

These are categories that used to be available to skilled workers and the ones that now remain open.

[ Blah, blah, blah. ]
Er, this was a discussion about a British citizen returning to the UK and finding a job with enough pay to bring their non-EU spouse and their family with them. The last time I checked, a British citizen didn't need a visa to work in the UK.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 31st 2013 at 10:48 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What's the next step if you can't meet the requirements of 18,600?

and if your holiday visa runs out in Canada,do they just expect you to split up with your wife?
They don't care if you split up with your wife.
Originally Posted by scot47
The Mandarins who run UKBA and the Home Office have no interest in you and your dependants. They could not care less what happens to you.
It's being done so the government can provide a headline grabbing figure about net immigration coming down to under 100,000 per annum for readers of the Daily Mail ahead of the next election. They can't stop immigration from within the EU nor asylum seekers but they can clamped on the skilled workers who we actually need and families of British citizens.
Er, this was a discussion about a British citizen returning to the UK and finding a job with enough pay to bring their non-EU spouse and their family with them. The last time I checked, a British citizen didn't need a visa to work in the UK.
It's not so difficult to understand.

My comment was in response to the posts quoted above and referred was on the government's net migration figure target which is now making it increasingly difficult for the "skilled workers who we actually need and families of British citizens."

You picked out the phrase 'skilled workers' and said my post made 'no sense' as "skilled workers can easily walk into a job in the UK and bring their families with them, which they can't, as the government has severely curtailed the number of visas available to skilled workers from outside the EU.

No-one suggested British citizens needed a visa to work in the UK so I'm not quite sure where you got that from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.