Spouse visa application

Old Sep 3rd 2018, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Nabz837 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa application

Hi was wandering if someone can assist. My wife submitted her biometrics in Pakistan on 23 March 2018 and I sent my papers to sheffied on 29 March 2018. Received an acknowledgement email on 11 April 2018. On 14 June 2018 (12week stage) received email stating not straightforward. On 03 August 2018 escalated and was told someone will be in touch in 15 working days. No one got in touch so on the 18th working day I emailed to chase and was told its been re escalated and someone will be in touch within 15 working days. Im on day 116 since bio metrics. Highly frustrated. Im concerned my passport might be lost and I need it back to travel.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 10:33 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa application

If your wife is the applicant then why did you send your passport anywhere... they need her passport not yours.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Yes my wife is the applicant and she submitted her passport in Pakistan in March 2018. I sent my passport to sheffield and the guidelines stated that if I sent the original along with coloured copies of each page then mine would be sent back. I sent a paid envelope along with the pack for it to be returned but I’m still waiting
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nabz837
Yes my wife is the applicant and she submitted her passport in Pakistan in March 2018. I sent my passport to sheffield and the guidelines stated that if I sent the original along with coloured copies of each page then mine would be sent back. I sent a paid envelope along with the pack for it to be returned but I’m still waiting
I'm pretty sure it's not required to send the sponsors passport, copies would have sufficed, I think there is not a lot you can do now but to wait for your supporting documents to be returned.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 12:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Sending your passport wasn’t necessary. You only need to submit copies, not the original. You’ll just need to wait until a decision is made.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Yes my hands are tied and I will have to wait. Can someone please advise how I could escalate the case? Is it best to now contact my local MP? This is such w distressing time for both of us
Old Sep 5th 2018, 11:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabz837
Thanks for your reply. Yes my hands are tied and I will have to wait. Can someone please advise how I could escalate the case? Is it best to now contact my local MP? This is such w distressing time for both of us
Contacting your MP is unlikely to speed the application along but they might be able to get the Home Office to send your passport back without affecting the rest of the application.