Spouse visa

Old Jan 10th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Ways to get in to the UK without meeting the financial requirements, none of them easy or straightforward: Look up Surinder Singh (basically you move to another EU contry temporarily then come to the UK under EU law); look at the exception to the rules if the spouse has a genuine relationship with a UKC child who lives in the UK (technically that's EX1) but don't expect that to be a nice ride and it requires your wife to be in the UK illegally; look at the rule to come to the UK as a parent (in appendix FM) - it may be technically possible to construe a situation where that rule applies if you have other family in the UK who can look after the kids for a bit.

Idollard - will take your point onboard and add a little bit more introductory text to the wiki
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:45 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Nothing wrong with all that at all. I think the only effective plan for these though is to make the assumption that you'll get nothing in benefits and then be pleasantly surprised if you. Of course the problem with that is it takes an awful long time to scrape together more cash before you can move and even get in the door.

The new rules would not have affected us either way, but it does seem an awful lot harder now than it really should be. Not just financial, but ILR qualifying and all of that.

I 'think' my wife qualifies for a UK passport in March (2yrs on Settlement plus 1 yr on ILR), but the rules might change again by then. It's damn frustrating for sure

What 'if' i was to borrow £64K ? apply visa for my wife and it will show them i have that much ? the second i get the visa i give the money back? (i've been talking to a few family members that say they might be able to get the funds if they all chip in not just my side my wifes also,

Easier way? (im not keeping the money just give it back once i get the VISA)
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
What 'if' i was to borrow £64K ? apply visa for my wife and it will show them i have that much ? the second i get the visa i give the money back? (i've been talking to a few family members that say they might be able to get the funds if they all chip in not just my side my wifes also,

Others here are much more familiar with the new rules than I, but I think you have to show a savings history for the money (something like that).
Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

You would need the money in an account in your name for 6 months before applying for the visa. A loan is not permitted so it would technically need to be a gift, you will probably need to explain the source of the funds.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:38 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Others here are much more familiar with the new rules than I, but I think you have to show a savings history for the money (something like that).
Yes, this is true. Vexcore, look at Rule 7.2.1.on page 28 of that Financial Rules doc you have been given already:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

UKBA have thought long and hard about this. They have closed every loophole, and they have sealed off every alternative route for UKCs and their non-EEA/EU spouses. . . EXCEPT for the Surinder Singh route that EnglishGuyGoing Home outlined. That is the only alternative route at this time.

Some people think the Singh Route will last forever, some think it won't last, some people think the UK will withdraw from the EU & invalidate the Singh route. Pick your choice; for now, it's the only way around the new UK visa rules.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
You would need the money in an account in your name for 6 months before applying for the visa. A loan is not permitted so it would technically need to be a gift, you will probably need to explain the source of the funds.
Just a thought...

Would it work if you were given 64,000GBP as a "gift" from someone, but actually you agree to pay them back after 5 years? Like you say, as long as you show the source of the money and have something to say it was a gift, there's nothing to stop you paying it back once you have the ILR!!

I know what you'll say...how will you find someone willing to give you 64k, but it's just a scenario
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:33 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andrew79
Just a thought...

Would it work if you were given 64,000GBP as a "gift" from someone, but actually you agree to pay them back after 5 years? Like you say, as long as you show the source of the money and have something to say it was a gift, there's nothing to stop you paying it back once you have the ILR!!

I know what you'll say...how will you find someone willing to give you 64k, but it's just a scenario
So lie about the source of the funds, good start on the road to ILR!!!

if you can really get someone to loan you that might as well go to europe for a few months and us Surinder Singh
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew79
Just a thought...

That's up to you - interesting you said 5 years: you'll need the cash there each time you reapply (64k again at 2.5 years and 16k at 5 years). Just remember that
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:05 pm
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Relatives cannot sponsor you.
If your relatives give you a lump sum of 64'500, this will have to sit in your account for six month and not an account that is locked, like a high interest account.
You must show that the money is under your or your spouses control.
By having this sum in your name will bar you from any benefits, because sums over 16000 will bar you from most benefits.
After 2.5 years you will need to show again your financial position, this could be either cash or income etc.

Its all about benefits and the public purse etc, even though the banksters and expense scamming MPs etc got the bigger share of the public purse.

The sooner the UK exits the EU the quicker we can boot all these economic migrant back to where they came from plus the other lot with their extended X extended families, instead they pick on the British Citizen
Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
After 2.5 years you will need to show again your financial position, this could be either cash or income etc.
One thing to note is that once in the UK, the relevant minimum income can be made up jointly - it doesn't have to just be the sponsor like it is when a spouse visa application is made outside the UK.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:44 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
One thing to note is that once in the UK, the relevant minimum income can be made up jointly - it doesn't have to just be the sponsor like it is when a spouse visa application is made outside the UK.
Interesting, very good point to make...
Old Jan 11th 2013, 12:09 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Relatives cannot sponsor you.
So, you're saying my mother cannot 'sponsor' my wife then ? she's in a stable job with a 40k salary, im sure she can help ?

Its all about benefits and the public purse etc, even though the banksters and expense scamming MPs etc got the bigger share of the public purse.
Even tho the Spouse Visa... you cannot get benefits, but what's from stopping a British citizen getting them ? no law/rule states they cannot get benefits, just as long as the wife doesn't who will be on a spouse Visa ya?

The sooner the UK exits the EU the quicker we can boot all these economic migrant back to where they came from plus the other lot with their extended X extended families, instead they pick on the British Citizen

Action needs to be taken now, UK needs to get out of the 'EU' ASAP.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:04 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

So, you're saying my mother cannot 'sponsor' my wife then ? she's in a stable job with a 40k salary, im sure she can help ?

Even tho the Spouse Visa... you cannot get benefits, but what's from stopping a British citizen getting them ? no law/rule states they cannot get benefits, just as long as the wife doesn't who will be on a spouse Visa ya?

Nope your mother or anyone except you can sponsor her for a spouse visa

Links below give you all you need to know.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...appendix-fmse/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...pouse-cp/fees/

By the way, just being nosy but how old are you and your wife?
Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:21 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

But if you have a job paying £18,600 or have the £64k in the bank - why/how would you claim benefits?

I think the idea is that, if you have 64k in the bank, this should be used by you to support yourself ie you would need to spend it.

Once you go for the 2.5 year 'review' you again have to have an income of £18,600 (though this can now be joint income) OR again a fund of £64k to start all over again.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:16 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by ldollard
Nope your mother or anyone except you can sponsor her for a spouse visa

Links below give you all you need to know.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...appendix-fmse/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...pouse-cp/fees/

By the way, just being nosy but how old are you and your wife?
Cheers, long as i can get help from my mother, (if i don't have choice..) she wouldn't be paying anything (just show the uk govt she can support my wife) which she won't obviously.. just get the visa and you're 'safe' pheww..

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
But if you have a job paying £18,600 or have the £64k in the bank - why/how would you claim benefits?

I think the idea is that, if you have 64k in the bank, this should be used by you to support yourself ie you would need to spend it.

Once you go for the 2.5 year 'review' you again have to have an income of £18,600 (though this can now be joint income) OR again a fund of £64k to start all over again.

Nah you got it wrong son,

I was stating it as an example, of course i don't need benefits if i have £64K 0.o or a £18600 Salary Job, but what im saying is,

'WHAT IF'

I don't have 64K
I don't have a stable job in UK

'But'

I can get the spouse visa for my wife (with help from my y mother of course use her paperwork to show her funds but she won't pay anything.

Then use my 10k to survive on and claim housing benefit for a house to RENT (until i secure my self a job in UK) - it's damn near impossible to get a job offer in UK (in my field anyway) long as she has the visa and is in UK we wouldn't need to worry .....

if tha can be done.... hope you understand now? hehe

Love the name btw.... lol I DON'T BELIEVE IT FELLA!

@ldollard Im 25 Wife is 24 expecting a baby.

Last edited by Vexcore; Jan 11th 2013 at 5:48 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.