Spouse visa

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

flagunitas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa

Hi,

My wife(USC) and I(UKC) are moving back to the UK in March and are just about to start the visa process.

I can find info on people moving to be with their spouses who are already settled in the UK but can't find anything on when they move back together.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

You apply for a spouse visa from wherever it is you are living. When the visa is issued you move back to the UK.

There is no difference in the process - you need to get a spouse visa.

The page below has the link to how to apply for a spouse visa from outside the UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...led/spouse-cp/

The link below explains the financial requirements:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help.

We have a friend in London who we're going to share a room with until we find a place. She lives alone and has a spacious spare room. I'm going to be contacting her soon, what exactly should I be asking her for? Ie pictures of rooms etc. she rents from a landlord and doesn't own the property herself.

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flagunitas
Thanks for your help.

We have a friend in London who we're going to share a room with until we find a place. She lives alone and has a spacious spare room. I'm going to be contacting her soon, what exactly should I be asking her for? Ie pictures of rooms etc. she rents from a landlord and doesn't own the property herself.

Thanks
In your application you need to describe where you will be living - how many rooms, how many people live there, who owns it etc etc.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Do we need the tenancy agreement? A copy or original?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do we need the tenancy agreement? A copy or original?
Sorry, don't know the answer - have you read the instructions for filling out the application form and the details as to what documentation support you need to send?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:46 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My wife(USC) and I(UKC) are moving back to the UK in March and are just about to start the visa process.

I can find info on people moving to be with their spouses who are already settled in the UK but can't find anything on when they move back together.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
To be clear you need to have a job offer in the UK earning more than 18600 pounds or 64k in savings (or is it more)

Its not at easy as just getting a visa and moving. Please refer to what sandiagogirl gave you.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the relevant wiki page (See below) which has a lot of detail and links to the relevant sections of the rules
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

miryferny is an unknown quantity at this point

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN EEA FAMILY PERMIT AND SPOUSE VISA? THNX
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by miryferny
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN EEA FAMILY PERMIT AND SPOUSE VISA? THNX
The EEA permit is issued to the dependent of an EU national who is exercising their treaty rights to work in another country in the EU. eg. non EU citizen married to an Italian. Italian is working in the UK and wishes to bring non EU spouse to the UK.

Spouse visa is issued to non EU spouse of British citizen. British citizen wishes to bring spouse to the UK.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

It says on the wiki that you MUST have tax returns for proof of employment.

Is this true?

It also says, you must provide a letter from a UK employer confirming new job in UK.

My employer isn't from UK(headquartered in USA) but they're paying me to work in the UK.

So would that matter?

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:58 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Does anybody know when a spouse settlement visa is issued, how long do you have before you have to enter the UK?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:39 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
Does anybody know when a spouse settlement visa is issued, how long do you have before you have to enter the UK?
I've heard the spouse settlement visa is issued for 33 months, and you will need a minimum of 30 months residency inside the UK under this (first) spouse visa to qualify for ILR after your 5 years' total residency. (30 months with the first--entry clearance--spouse visa AND 30 months on the second FLR visa = 5 years' residency in the UK.) So ... simple answer is--once your spouse has received the spouse visa she has just about 3 months to enter the UK to activate it.

I've also heard you can request the spouse visa be post-dated to a date when she wants to enter the UK. The requested date can be up to 3 months in the future (from the date she applies). (The application will not be processed, however, if the travel date is MORE than 3 months ahead of the application date, so be careful....)

So both these things together give you & your spouse some slack, if you want it.

Here's the UKBA link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...g/?langname=UK
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:44 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miryferny
Besides the differences that SanDiegogal stated, another big difference is that the EEA Family Permit (as well as all other EEA documents) are free. There is no fee to apply for them, though for some the waiting times can be long, depending on the backlog in the system at the time.

There are lots of other important differences between the two. They rely on completely different legal bases (EU vs. UK) and have very different requirements and rules.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eu...family-permit/

Last edited by WEBlue; Jan 7th 2013 at 1:06 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I've heard the spouse settlement visa is issued for 33 months
It is indeed for 33 months
Originally Posted by WEBlue
I've also heard you can request the spouse visa be post-dated to a date when she wants to enter the UK. The requested date can be up to 3 months in the future (from the date she applies).
Post-dating the visa is possible, however it is up to 3 months from the date of decision not application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.