Spousal visa renewal - when to re-apply?

Old May 27th 2018, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

FloydPalmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa renewal - when to re-apply?

Is there a preferred time to re-apply for a spousal visa ahead of our expiry date which is in November? If I was to assemble all documents now, could I theoretically submit it well before the expiry date?

I looked at my records and I arranged my first contact with my solicitor for the original application in June 2015 and it was submitted in November of that year but I know my friend, who is self-employed, left it until the last few weeks before he sent in his application.

I'm tempted to begin the process now as I'll have the support of the solicitor for the next five months if there are any other issues, but just wondered whether people had applied much earlier than their date.

Thank you
Old May 28th 2018, 12:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa renewal - when to re-apply?

You shouldn't apply any earlier than 28 days before the visa expires. This will ensure your wife will have five years residence in total in order to be eligible for ILR without having to apply for another FLR(M).