Spousal visa processing time?

Old Jul 4th 2020, 11:45 am
Just Joined

cangrande22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal visa processing time?

Yes that makes sense. I suppose no idea on the processing time? Thanks for the update.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

I thought I’d just update everyone:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-messa...essageId=74833
Now open to customers who applied before 31 May 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 May and 31 May 2020.
I read in another forum people have been getting appointments for August now for applications submitted very recently. Is that possible? Apologies for the broad question just like everyone hoping to hear soon.

thanks to everyone for any insights.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi - update:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-messa...essageId=74833

Now working on June applications.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's good news! Hopefully barely any of them will need physical appointments :-)
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

My only concern: I read that the system for using previous biometrics isn't working. Is that accurate? Or might that just be some noisy people on twitter?

I hope everyone is holding up!
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

You can read a lot of things that are inaccurate on all walks of life.

Just follow what UKCVAS tell you after submitting your application. All the best.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Agreed. Thank you for the positivity.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Minho87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Did anyone receive email regarding the new way of obtaining biometrics by facial recognition?

Has anyone had this already?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Yes many have (we did).

No one has had the biometrics processed by that method yet. Unfortunately Sopra Steria has not developed the software, yet.

Fingers crossed it happens quickly. Some people have been waiting since March.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cangrande22
Yes many have (we did).

No one has had the biometrics processed by that method yet. Unfortunately Sopra Steria has not developed the software, yet.

Fingers crossed it happens quickly. Some people have been waiting since March.
Thanks for the reply, when did you apply ?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

June.

It is my understanding though that people who are being invited to book, are able to give biometrics - but there are very few free appointments, and most seem to be over £100 (some as high as £440).
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cangrande22
June.

It is my understanding though that people who are being invited to book, are able to give biometrics - but there are very few free appointments, and most seem to be over £100 (some as high as £440).
Oh wow we received the facial recognition. But yet to wait when it gets developed. Said we dont need to have an appointment. How long you reckon will take?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

I saw an email screenshot, but I cannot testify to it's veracity(!), that suggested middle of August.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

There's not really been any mention of "facial recognition", but reuse of finger prints that have previously been given. Gov.uk then go on to say "you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents"
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...y-uk-residents

Judging from the comments I've been seeing in various groups, the numbers are pretty high, and all, including us, are awaiting for the further instructions. There have been a small number that have been asked to forward certain documents by email.

So in the meantime, there's little to do except continue with
life as normal until you receive contact. No doubt it will take a long wait as UKCVAS & UKVI haven't got the technology ready yet apparently (whatever that really means).
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

I noticed in the link you shared a mention:

“If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.“

we are all in the same boat unfortunately our attorney confirmed none of his clients who’ve been asked to reuse biometrics have had their applications processed yet.

I really hope we’re talking about a matter of days or weeks to get this finished.

In the past biometrics were done at the Post Office; the way it still is for passports. Perhaps that might be re-initiated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.