Spousal visa processing time?

Old Jun 30th 2020, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

cangrande22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa FLR(M) processing time?

Does anyone have information regarding spousal visa renewals processing time at the moment (June 30 2020)?

we submitted my wife’s renewal a week ago and are hoping to travel in the next month or so (for specific medical reasons).

there is no priority or super priority as of now, so wondering if anyone has received a reply yet?

Last edited by cangrande22; Jun 30th 2020 at 1:30 pm. Reason: Further information
Old Jun 30th 2020, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa processing time?

Spouse Visa Renewal???? Can you explain a little further which visa you applied for? Was it FLR(M)?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Spouse Visa Renewal???? Can you explain a little further which visa you applied for? Was it FLR(M)?
my apologies, yes title updated.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

OK, FLR(M)
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-messa...essageId=74833

See the announcement. They are currently processing applications that were submitted at the end of March!

We also applied a week ago. Still no appointment date for the biometrics yet. I'm hoping that it will be before the deadline towards the end of August.
I've not needed to check, but I don't think travelling is allowed during the application period until it's finalised. Someone might correct me on that.

However, where would you be travelling to if you can? Some countries are still closed.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

For medical reasons we need to leave the UK for a little while. :/

we were advised to wait right until the last minute applied the Friday before it expired over the weekend, in the hope priority would be re-opened and could submit using that.

i read on Kingsley Napier’s website that some visas are going through in about 3 weeks (sometimes less); but family ones can take longer.

I’m just wondering if anyone had received a reply yet, who hadn’t already applied pre-lockdown / covid. And how long that took?

I suppose patience is the answer really, but just curious.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'd suggest you keep an eye on the UKVCAS website for the updates. From what I've read in other groups, processing is going through quickly after they get to the applications, but as I mentioned, there's the backlog first to work through first, and they're at the end of March right now. Some have experienced HO requesting some specific documents by email, which we are GUESSING is helping speed up the assessment and partially make decisions whilst they wait for biometrics appointments to be completed. Either way, it seems that a good effort is being put in.
It looks like you may have to be prepared to re-arrange your travel if you are allowed entry to the destination country.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Yes. That makes sense. Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 12:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It is likely to be months rather than weeks. Were you able to secure a biometrics appointment?
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 9:11 am
Just Joined

We have not been able to, yet.

I do not have any more information. I do notice that currently centers are being re-opened in other parts of the world (India, Qatar, and others), which I suppose means they have capacity to deal with more applications now.

They seem to be doing a great job, and the guidance has not been updated on the website so I suppose it remains the same time scale. It's worth keeping an eye on the UKVCAS website for updates.
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 12:27 am
Just Joined

There has been an update on UKVCAS website:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-messa...essageId=74833

And from UKVI:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...y-uk-residents

If you’ve given your fingerprints before

If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.
This means that you may not have to wait for a biometric appointment.

Old Jul 3rd 2020, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Fantastic news! Not applying to everyone of course, but, to be fair, they appear to be making lot's of effort to be more flexible.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Has anyone received information about the new biometrics process, and been invited to simply send a photo?
Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I've seen examples. So it is happening.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:52 am
Just Joined

That's great. Are you able to share any examples? How does the process work exactly? I suppose too early too know how long it takes once it's been processed. Thank you.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

No, of course I can't share other peoples information.
It works exactly as they say, in that they will contact you if you fall into that category. So, in summary, be ready and if you're contacted, then you're one of those people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.