Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Sponsor's absence from UK during initial period of residence

Sponsor's absence from UK during initial period of residence

Old Aug 13th 2016, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsor's absence from UK during initial period of residence

@DernierVirage Thank you very much for your reply. Ok, that is very helpful.

I may or may not be able have a place to stay with a family member but I was wondering if AirBnB would be another option? or even a hotel? at least as temporary solution until we find our own permanent place. I would assume that this would be ok given we are applying through 'savings' route and will demonstrate that we have enough funds to cover expenses for 30 months. I may be wrong though.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
@omario: interesting to read your message, not least because I have been many times to Dhaka on business (I was the Pan Pacific's best recognised guest at one point!).

To answer your questions:

1. We met the accommodation requirement by providing proof that we could stay with my mother, since trying to arrange rented accomodation at a distance would have been more or less impossible

2. These are the documents we provided to support our accommodation arrangements:

- letter from my mother confirming the number of rooms in her house and stating that my wife and I had her permission to live with her for as long as we wish. Letter was printed and then signed by my mother

- copy of my mother's passport details page (this copy was not certified)

- photos (20 in total) showing exterior views of the house and interior shots of every room

- copies of the purchase deeds of the house and also of the transfer of the property into my mother's name after my father's death. The copies were all certified by a solicitor, who also wrote a short letter explaining the certification process (the property is in Scotland)

- Originals of the latest council tax notice, electricity bill and telephone bill.

We did not provide an inspection report.

Hope that this helps, best of luck !
just one question on the last point: (Originals of the latest council tax notice, electricity bill and telephone bill) were these in your mother's name or yours or yours and your wife's?

Cheers
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
just one question on the last point: (Originals of the latest council tax notice, electricity bill and telephone bill) were these in your mother's name or yours or yours and your wife's?

Cheers
All in my mother's name.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

All in my mother's name.
PHEW! YES! THANK YOU!

Another good friend of mine has offered for us to stay at his place and very happy to provide all the things you mentioned so I think this is the best option for us.

Do I still need to provide proof of address at this address?

I have been getting all my posts for the last 6 years at another friend's address in London and not sure if i have to change that address to this now?
Old Aug 17th 2016, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

PHEW! YES! THANK YOU!

Another good friend of mine has offered for us to stay at his place and very happy to provide all the things you mentioned so I think this is the best option for us.

Do I still need to provide proof of address at this address?

I have been getting all my posts for the last 6 years at another friend's address in London and not sure if i have to change that address to this now?
You just need to proof that you will be able to stay there.

In my case, I had zero presence in the UK at the moment we made the application...no address, nothing. The supporting douments were all based on proving that my mother owned the property, that it was sufficient for us to stay and that she gave permission for us to stay.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

You just need to proof that you will be able to stay there.

In my case, I had zero presence in the UK at the moment we made the application...no address, nothing. The supporting douments were all based on proving that my mother owned the property, that it was sufficient for us to stay and that she gave permission for us to stay.
dude thank you so much!

by the way in terms the actual topic of this thread, I am also facing similar scenario as you; my work will end here in December but my organisation (HQ based in GVA) may offer me positions which could be very tempting and difficult to turn down. These positions may be either in Bangkok, Beirut, Geneva or somewhere else in the world.

I will be facing similar situation as you (of whoever posted this thread initially) that i will be based away from UK.... but with the spouse visa it will be difficult to manage......
Old Aug 17th 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

dude thank you so much!

by the way in terms the actual topic of this thread, I am also facing similar scenario as you; my work will end here in December but my organisation (HQ based in GVA) may offer me positions which could be very tempting and difficult to turn down. These positions may be either in Bangkok, Beirut, Geneva or somewhere else in the world.

I will be facing similar situation as you (of whoever posted this thread initially) that i will be based away from UK.... but with the spouse visa it will be difficult to manage......
It was indeed me who was facing this problem, but it now seems that things will not go any further....so much the better, since having spent so much time and energy getting my wife's spouse visa, we didn't want to have to make the horrible choice that was looming.

BTW, your questions on the various threads remind me of when I was studying the whole visa situation....good luck !