Spouse visa financial

Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

erihfrom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa financial

Hello after reading numerous posts and already posted similar question i just want to ask somebody for the answer. I read this and wondering is this how they calculate financial requirements for financila visa if you apply under category A

Contrary to popular belief, it is not necessary for an employed British citizen/settled sponsor of a non-EEA national partner to have a basic pay of over £18,600 gross per annum in order to sponsor the partner’s application for entry clearance or leave to remain.

Often, an individual’s earnings will not simply be made up of hours which they must contractually perform each month – a basic rate can be augmented by overtime pay. This is reflected in the Immigration Rules, which do not require basic gross pay to be at £18,600 or above. Instead, what is required is a gross annual income of at least £18,600 per annum, and pay can originate from a variety of sources, including overtime pay.

Appendix FM-SE (Family Members – Specified Evidence) outlines the ways by which gross annual income must be calculated for the purpose of the Immigration Rules. Rule 18(b) sets out how overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses will be counted as income. This post considers overtime pay only, but the same applies to commission-based pay and bonuses.

One must use the lowest basic pay in the six months prior to the date of application, for example with £1,000 gross per month, annual gross pay would be £12,000. This is an insufficient amount to sponsor a spouse (let alone children). If such a salary was augmented by overtime pay, it may well exceed the £18,600 gross annual requirement to sponsor a UK partner visa.

Using the following example figures, annualised overtime can be calculated as follows:

Gross overtime pay

September

£500.00

October

£1,000.00

November

£500.00

December

£750.00

January

£0.00

February

£1,000.00

Total

£3,750.00

The total amount of gross overtime paid in the six months prior to the date of application must be calculated. After this, a monthly payment is calculated – the total divided by six. An annualised sum is calculated from this.

Using the above amounts, we work out annualised overtime as (£3,750/6)* 12 = £7,500.

When added to the lowest basic salary of £12,000, this amounts to £19,500, above the £18,600 threshold to sponsor a partner.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa financial

Originally Posted by erihfrom

Contrary to popular belief, it is not necessary for an employed British citizen/settled sponsor of a non-EEA national partner to have a basic pay of over £18,600 gross per annum in order to sponsor the partner’s application for entry clearance or leave to remain.

With the greatest of respect you are stating something which the majority of responders on this forum already know - and which we frequently bring to applicant's attention. We usually use something like the term that 18,600 GBP income must be earned per annum.

Income can be made up of any number of combinations: basic income, overtime, bonuses etc and these are taken into account using different formulae to add to the basic figure.

In addition, savings, non employment income, pensions, dividends can also be added to basic income to make up any shortfall.

..... and I gave you the formula you are quoting for how to calculate bonuses, overtime figures in my response to you of 29 July.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 19th 2016 at 6:31 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Yes thank you for the help you provided me with. But you know when family is involved i don't think that clearly and panick easily and apologise for that.

My only worry is if i apply under salaried cat A plus bonuses plus overtime if one month is below treshold in 6 months pay slip they will take that amount and not consider overtime and bonuses and then i wont qualify.

Thanks for your help sandiegogirl
Old Aug 19th 2016, 6:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thank you for the help you provided me with. But you know when family is involved i don't think that clearly and panick easily and apologise for that.

My only worry is if i apply under salaried cat A plus bonuses plus overtime if one month is below treshold in 6 months pay slip they will take that amount and not consider overtime and bonuses and then i wont qualify.

I think you've gone as far as you can with help on a free forum. SanDiegogirl is a long standing, respected and extremely knowledgeable member. If you feel you need further information, I'd suggest that you need to consult a registered migration agent. Best of luck.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Using bonuses and overtime do make the calculations more tricky.

If you drop below the required 9,300 in a 6 month period your application will fail.

I presume you are on a static basic income (ie. that does not change per month) It is your bonus and overtime which changes.

Since you know how to calculate the overtime figure and then you need to add that to your basic figure, then you know how much overtime you need to do to get to that 9,300 requirement.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

I presume you are on a static basic income (ie. that does not change per month) It is your bonus and overtime which changes.
This is correct so i am relying on bonuses and overtime

so my 6 months payslips look like this

this is with bonuses and overtime

my basic salary on every payslip is 1275 but i get bonuses and overtime every month.
So from what i understand they take basic salary which is 1275 multiply by 12 then take bonuses overtime in 6 months divide by 6 then multyply by 12 and add to basic pay evem if one months payslip is below 1550 its still ok cause they calculate total in 6 months. i hope i am right calculating like this