Self-Employment (ONLY 8-months) Success Premium service

Old Aug 16th 2016, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Jatpunjabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self-Employment (ONLY 8-months) Success Premium service

Applied for spouse visa extension (2.5-years) after initial 2.5 year stay: FLR(M):

I have been asking questions on various forums and various solicitors and have been given variety of answers most being that you cannot apply with self-employment where one has worked less than 12 months even if they've earned the required amount of £18600.

I Had a premium service appointment at Croydon today and the application was successful. I and my wife both have been self-employed since December 2015 and we earned a combined income of £19000 in only 4 months until April 2016. So our income for last financial year was £19000. Lot of people suggested the income must be earned in 12 months so I can tell you this is not necessarily the case.

We have been self-employed for a total of 8 months on the day of application ie today and almost everyone suggested that you must be self-employed for at least 12 months before you apply. Again this is not the case as we have been given normal 5-year route extension rather than being put on 10-year route which is given for some exceptional circumstances.

I must stress we supplied a huge number of documents (almost 100). I will encourage all of you who are in similar situation to apply.

There was a member here only recently who posted that she's put on 10-year route as the case worker said they were not in self-employment for 12 months. They applied via post and we applied premium service. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I doubt it.

I genuinely believe it's just the way we presented our case. We had no solicitors as their fees were too high. We made everything very clear and very simple to read even with all the documents we provided.

Lot of people say self-employment is difficult but I'd say its different rather than difficult.