Seeking Advice & Solice

Old May 24th 2012, 3:28 am
Just Joined

zeroalpha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking Advice & Solice

Hi Everyone,
Im new so be nice please, have been searching the forums and gaining some great advice and thanks to all those that have submitted. I have a couple of questions I would like to pose on my personal situation and your advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Last year I gained UK citizenship via the UK Mothers Scheme and then got my Passport, all good there, I am a KIWI and was born in NZ.

I haved work in Australia for the same company for 2.5 years and they are transfering me to the UK in the next couple of weeks. Again all good there.

NOW, LOL, I have a wife, a good one too, (married for 7 years and a 14 month old), Both are Kiwis, and have Kiwi passports.

This was my plan: I was going to head over, start my job, get a place to rent, etc etc. Once I had left and my wife had my contract, my wife was going to apply for the spouse visa for her and the little one and include in the all the documents my current and New contract so Immigration could see it was a transfer, and this would confer my salary would be approx 35 000 pounds pa, so my wife did not need to live off Govt funds.

My BIG worry is that I get over there all set up, and they decline it? What do I do then?
I would have thought that me being british, have a secured job, about 5000 pounds in the bank, house to rent address etc, would be ok?

Do you think my plan is the RIGHT approch to what I am doing?

Your advice would be really much appreciated, and thank you very much.

ps: I dont think I can get a UK passport for my 14 month old because of the citizen ship I have?
Old May 24th 2012, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seeking Advice & Solice

Hi there,

I had a very quick google but couldn't see the Mothers Scheme visa that you're referring to.

When do you need to start your new job? Can you not apply for your wife and child's visa's in the interim so that they can accompany you?
Old May 24th 2012, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Nicola,

Thanks so much for the reply, here is the link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...britishmother/

I thought about getting them over at the same time, but it would be easier for all if I got a rental property and everything all set up and do all the running around before they come over, trying to do all this with a 14 month old will be a nightmare.

At this stage, I start work on the 18th June 2012, 3 weeks away.

Also the spouse visa form asks for a UK Address, date of travel etc, so I thought if I can get all that organised and the copy of my contract all will be ok??? and would look better for my wife applications fees. Oh yes thoses fees at 826 Pounds each! LOL
Old May 24th 2012, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you tick all the boxes for being able to support a spouse and a child I should think you will be fine. It's not as if yours is a marriage of convenience, you have been together some time.

I suspect the OP has gained citizenship through the UKM process (child of a British born mother who has citizenship by descent) - that wont confer citizenship on any children unless you have lived in UK for (I think) 5 years before the child's birth.

Assume your Kiwi wife doesnt have a UK born grandparent? The ancestry visa might be easier to come by.

Good luck!
Old May 24th 2012, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
As long as you tick all the boxes for being able to support a spouse and a child I should think you will be fine. It's not as if yours is a marriage of convenience, you have been together some time.

I suspect the OP has gained citizenship through the UKM process (child of a British born mother who has citizenship by descent) - that wont confer citizenship on any children unless you have lived in UK for (I think) 5 years before the child's birth.

Assume your Kiwi wife doesnt have a UK born grandparent? The ancestry visa might be easier to come by.

Good luck!

Hey thanks quoll for your advice also, no my wife has polish decent, but that is way too complicated, involes the war etc etc., will leave that another day.

I have been told $30-35 000 pounds per year is about average income????