EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED HELP !!!

Old May 25th 2012, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

ReubenUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED HELP !!!

Well Everyone, I think I need some help now.... first Of all I must say that I'am extremely angry...and also that I do not like ECOs.....

Here it goes.... As you can read above I was re-applying for an EEA Family permit... I had believed that I have received a positive answer from the ECO but today after receiving my password I realized that My VISA was refused...

Here is the reason why :::::::::::::::;

I have refused your EEA Family permit application on this ocassion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 12 of the immigration ( european economic area ) Regulation 2006. This decision will not prejudice any future UK visa or EEA Family permit application that you make.

You have applied for admission to the United Kingdom by virtue of European Community Las as the Family Member of a European Economic Area National who is excercising, or wishes to exercise rigths of free movement under the treaty establishing the European community in the United Kingdom. in this case your wife who holds Italian Nationality.

You have indicated that you wish to remain in the United Kingdom indefinitely, which is a period of over three months. It is therefore a requirement that your wife be a qualified person under one of the following categories.

Qualified person :

Job Seeker
Worker
Self Employed person
Self Sufficient person
Student

You have provided evidence that your wife was enrolled as a student in 2011 but no evidence that she is enrolled in 2012.

You have provided no evidence that your wife is qualified under any of the categories above.
You therefore do not therefore qualify in this category.

I therefore refuse your EEA Family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requierements of Regulation 12 of the Immigration ( EEA ) Regulation 2006

Your Right of Appeal

Your entitled to appeal againts this decision under Regulation 29of the immigration (EEA) ( Amendment ) Regulations 2003, If you wish to appeal you must complete the attached IAFT-2 Notice of Appeal form, An information sheet has also been provided. Shouldyou require further advice or assistance please visit www.justice.gov.uk

If you decide to appeal againts the refusal of this application, the decision will be reviewed with your grounds of appeal and the supporting documents you provide. You are strongly advised to complete all sections of the form, and submit all relevant documents with your Notice of Appeal, as it may be possible to resolve the points at issue without an appeal hearing.

the completed Notice of Appeal form must arrive no later than 28 days after the date you received the notice and you must make sure that it is signed and dated.

__________________________________________________ ___

Now here is the deal... On the EEA application form I said Indefinite, because indeed we are planning on staying indefinite.

My wife we decided to say that she is a student just because she may go back to Study......

I simply do not understand... 2 years ago when we applied for it we said Indefinite as well and there was no problem..... but now they would not accept that...on the other hand we could have said this time that she is a Job seeker or self sufficient...

I do not understan we have submitted all the documents we did last time I got approved and this ECO just denied it this time...

Please I need some help...????

If you are so kind to advice me please do consider that we are in Costa Rica and that we can not just applied for another EEA since it would have to be in colombia... So I really dont know whether it is better to submit the Appeal or go for another EEA since It will cost us a fortune...

Thanks in advance for you advice...

Reuben.
Old May 25th 2012, 8:24 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED HELP !!!

This is basically the same thing as in this thread...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759060
perhaps it better to keep all replies in one spot, so Ill close this one.

By the way, until you reach a certain number of posts, any post containing links etc goes in the mod queue. Continually pressing submit over and over because it hasnt appeared does not speed up the process