Replacement vignette for settlement visa

Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

AsterixTG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacement vignette for settlement visa

At the time of our applying, the U.K. Gov website said 100% of settlement visas were processed within 30 days. So we applied at the beginning of November and set the entry date as the 6th of Jan.

Not realising how naive we were in believing the official website, we were then told 60 working days when nothing turned up after two months. The 60 working days (including X as and new year etc...) are up on Wednesday, but frankly I don't believe it will happen by then as it does seem a random process and everyone has a completely different experience regardless of what they've been told.

My question is, it's obvious that even if they do issue the vignette next week, it will be immediately out of date as we followed their website notification.

How do you apply for another one? My wife can't find out in Dubai as they do not allow external contact and you have to have an appointment to gain entry to the visa application place. I can't find any info on the government sites, which frankly I have zero trust in now.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 8:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacement vignette for settlement visa

There's no point issuing you a vignette if it's already expired. They are issued with an initial entry date of 30 days after your proposed travel date or the date it was issued, whichever is later. Therefore your wife will have just under 30 days to book a flight from Dubai to the UK once she receives her passport back.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

AsterixTG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Replacement vignette for settlement visa

Thanks for the reply. The 'official' wording doesn't say that but it makes sense.