Relationship history needed for application?

Old Feb 15th 2017, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relationship history needed for application?

Hello,

Silly question? Maybe. But I want to check to feel more confident!

My husband (UKC) and I (USC) got married in 2012 in the UK. We moved to the States in 2013 and plan to move back to the UK once my visa application is approved. We understand that we must include our marriage certificate with the application as evidence of our marriage. However, we wonder if it is a good idea to include other evidence that this is a bona fide marriage? We haven't seen any official requirements for the submission of such evidence. Please reassure me one way or the other! Thank you.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship history needed for application?

We included 15 photos of us together over the span of our marriage (in our case, a many, many years!) as well as a few pieces of official correspondence addressed to us both at the same address.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
We included 15 photos of us together over the span of our marriage (in our case, a many, many years!) as well as a few pieces of official correspondence addressed to us both at the same address.
We did the same, except I only included 5 photos, and we didn't have any correspondence from government agencies/council/banks in both names, so included a couple addressed to each of us individually but at the same address.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't volunteer any additional documentation unless they ask for it but I'd suggest hanging onto anything that may support your application should the need arise. Before hubby and I married we did discuss the possibility of him moving to Canada instead of me coming back to UK, so I saved all of our correspondence/e-mails just in case we needed them; still have them to this day.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 6:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
We did the same, except I only included 5 photos, and we didn't have any correspondence from government agencies/council/banks in both names, so included a couple addressed to each of us individually but at the same address.
Good examples to follow. You want to send enough that the ECO has a concise overview of your relationship and support any claims you have made in your application. What you don't do is send every single holiday photo for the last ten years or your entire joint Facebook feeds.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the helpful replies. I guess it's just confusing because the guidance is vague. I did find an official document, but only via a Google search, so I couldn't be certain it related to currently settlement applications. Anyway, the advice it contained made sense and was in accord with what I'm reading in all of your replies but one.

I have been through this before and had to supply evidence that my relationship with my ex was genuine and subsisting, and this led me to think I should be including it this go round as well. I hope that a dozen photos won't be overkill, but I wanted to show the stages of our relationship, including visiting each other's families, our wedding, spending time in each other's countries, having children, etc! I'm also conscious that they'll see I had ILR before and want it to be clear that this is a bona fide marriage.

Can't wait to apply. Waiting for the final piece of evidence we need, a paper HSBC statement, is just agonising!

Thanks again. 😊