Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

In receipt of DLA and ESA. Is my financial situation sufficient to sponsor my wife?

In receipt of DLA and ESA. Is my financial situation sufficient to sponsor my wife?

Old Apr 15th 2016, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Paul101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In receipt of DLA and ESA. Is my financial situation sufficient to sponsor my wife?

My wife living in Pakistan and would like her to come and settle with me in the UK. We do have a son ( age 1 ) and he does have his British Passport.
I am currently on Lower rate DLA - £40.00 per week and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) £71.00 per week. I am being transferred to PIP from DLA and am waiting for the decision makers to make their decision and my payment will be increased slightly. I am able to provide the home-office with bank statements as evidence as I believe that I will be exempt from the financial requirement. I own my own house and have no mortgage. I do have cash saving of around £16,000 and would this be sufficient with my case.

Thank you.
Old Apr 15th 2016, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In receipt of DLA and ESA. Is my financial situation sufficient to sponsor my wif

Originally Posted by Paul101
My wife living in Pakistan and would like her to come and settle with me in the UK. We do have a son ( age 1 ) and he does have his British Passport.
I am currently on Lower rate DLA - £40.00 per week and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) £71.00 per week. I am being transferred to PIP from DLA and am waiting for the decision makers to make their decision and my payment will be increased slightly. I am able to provide the home-office with bank statements as evidence as I believe that I will be exempt from the financial requirement. I own my own house and have no mortgage. I do have cash saving of around £16,000 and would this be sufficient with my case.

Thank you.
Hi and welcome to BE! I'll move your post to the UK visa forum where you are most likely to get a knowledgeable reply.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In receipt of DLA and ESA. Is my financial situation sufficient to sponsor my wif

Currently you need 114.85 + 66.90 + 17.45 = £199.20 a week remaining after paying for rent and council tax.

Further information regarding exemption from the financial requirements due to disability payments is below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._8_Annex_F.pdf

You need to provide all documents showing what payments you are receiving and bank statements showing deposits.