Quick question about dates on a fiance visa

Old Mar 8th 2016, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick question about dates on a fiance visa

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who's been granted a fiance visa could help me with a small question.

I noticed that many people applying for the spouse visa from outside the UK said that their visa was only valid for a 30 day period to enter the UK and then they would collect their BRP(?) once they arrived.

My question is that is a similar case true of the fiance visa?
Once the visa is issued, do you have only a 30 day period to enter the UK or can you enter any time during the 6 month period as long as you get married?

If you write your intended date to enter the UK on your application, do they take that into consideration?
So perhaps when you receive the visa it would be dated to begin in two weeks rather than immediately? (for example)

I can't seem to find any information about this on the government website.
Old Mar 14th 2016, 8:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about dates on a fiance visa

Only those applying for entry clearance beyond six months need to apply BRPs after arrival. Since a fiancé visa is granted for a six month period in which to marry you'll get the full six months in which to enter the UK.