Questions about eea family permit for my husband

Old Jul 9th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

zmaco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about eea family permit for my husband

hello, first thanku for any advice u may be able to give me..

i am british, my husband is moroccan, we live in spain with our two lil boys(british passports). we would like to apply for the eea family permit for my husband. i just have a few questions:

·if i am able to find employment for myself once we reach the UK does that help us and do we therefore not need medical insurance?

·how long must i be employed in spain for them to class as me having a right to apply (as we applied last yr but were refused on the that i had no proof i was working in spain)

·can my husband work straight away once we are in the UK?

·what must i provide as proof of accomodation-we intend to stay with my mother until we find our own housing.

look forward to any advice. thanku
Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:51 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: im new..and in need of advice.

You only need to be working in Spain - there is no specific time frame but likely to succeed if this is 6 months.
Do a search for Surinder Singh - this was a sort of show case for someone in your position who applied this way and was successful
You only need to show you are related and that you are working in Spain - no housing etc required.
Look at why you were refused last time and ensure you have addressed those concerns then reapply
Hubby can work as soon as you arrive

Last edited by pennylessinindia; Jul 9th 2012 at 7:57 pm.