Question about exact money kept in savings

Old Jan 23rd 2020, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Foyee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about exact money kept in savings

My husband will be applying for the spousal visa. I make below the requirement but have backed it up with savings (I am 1k below the financial requirement).

Before we got married in November, I went to my bank to open a credit card to increase my credit rating. At that time, the accountant informed me that I could make more money placing my savings (which had already been accumulating for 6 months), in a Fixed ISA account - I am incredibly naive and so I asked her if it would affect my Visa, and she assured me it wouldn't, and closed my savings account.

When I came back from the UK in late December, I re-read the Visa requirements and came across that it said the money saved must be easily accessed and fluid. My Fixed ISA was apparently not to be touched. I nearly had a breakdown but I went to my bank, asked them to opt-out of the Fixed ISA, and wasn't charged a cancellation fee since it hadn't been more than three months, and was moved to my main bank account.

However, now that my husband is actually applying for his Visa, it mentions the money has to have been in my account for 6 months... the ££k had already been accumulating before the 6 months, but in another account - which has now been closed - and is currently in my main/default account.

What.. what do I do? I plan on going to my bank tomorrow to request details and possible digital bank slips where I held my ££k, but am I screwed? Will my husband only be able to apply in July, ANOTHER 6 months, since the ££k moved to my main account in my bank? Do they care which account I held the ££k in?

I'm confused and upset but I'm trying to be optimistic about it.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 2:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about exact money kept in savings

The short answer is you’re fine. The longer answer can be found in Paragraphs 7.4.8 and 7.4.9 of Appendix FM 1.7.