Premium settlement for spouse

Old Jul 15th 2020, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Alison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Premium settlement for spouse

We are in the same boat as a lot of others I'm sure. It's very frustrating being in limbo! We hired an immigration attorney to help from the get go. We asked if we could cancel my husband's spouse visa application, and go to UK and reapply. She told us not possible to do this. Excited when we saw the Miami VFS pac opening, but when we logged in they aren't accepting premium settlement appointments which is what we seem to be signed up for in order to keep my husband's passport. We submitted his online application and paid the fees, got the GWF number, but can't continue and have no idea when appointments will be available. For now we are planning on flying to the UK Sept 2nd, hoping for an appointment before otherwise my husband will have to return to Miami. Ok, but for the quarantine rules! We'll see what happens. The waiting is driving us crazy but now we've made the decision and set the date to leave we are feeling a little better! Hope we all get good news soon!!
Old Jul 20th 2020, 12:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premium settlement for spouse

When did you submit your online application?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Alison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Submitted on June 6th.
Did get our ToR number and also getting the dogs paperwork done. Putting our house on the market July 28th, then leaving it with the realtor if we don't get it sold. Have you heard any updates on appointments?

​​​
Old Jul 20th 2020, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Submitted on June 6th.
Did get our ToR number and also getting the dogs paperwork done. Putting our house on the market July 28th, then leaving it with the realtor if we don't get it sold. Have you heard any updates on appointments?

​​​

Old Jul 25th 2020, 12:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Standard processing for the foreseeable future.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Redsoxfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alison20
Submitted on June 6th.

​​​
How did you get on? I’m curious to know.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan
How did you get on? I’m curious to know.
Still waiting for the premium settlement service to be offered. No idea when it will be so we are starting our move.. My husband will book an appointment and fly back to Miami when appointments become available. We leave Sept 2nd.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting for the premium settlement service to be offered. No idea when it will be so we are starting our move.. My husband will book an appointment and fly back to Miami when appointments become available. We leave Sept 2nd.
I might just do the same. I need passport renewal and it will take months to get. Thank you and all the best.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan
I might just do the same. I need passport renewal and it will take months to get. Thank you and all the best.
I talked to our immigration QC, she said it will be fine. Wish he didn't have to come back and possibly do another quarantine but we want to get on! Good luck go you too!

Old Jul 25th 2020, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

I talked to our immigration QC, she said it will be fine. Wish he didn't have to come back and possibly do another quarantine but we want to get on! Good luck go you too!
Thanks. Didn’t they have to take your husband’s passport when he applied for his visa?