Passport renewal, possible issue?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

lauraloo89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport renewal, possible issue?

thats the thing this is a first adult application and the counter signature has slightly gone over the inner line of the border just wandering if it is likely to be rejected
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

times up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the rough

Well get someone else to sign if the original person cannot. They cannot refuse passports to people just because those people don't know someone from a set group of people for X years.

I would email them, they are very helpful.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by times up
When I renewed my passport, in a single day, in London in 2007, I didn't need any counter signatory. I would honestly read the rules more carefully as I don't think you do if you already have a passport which is either still live or only recently expired.

Hi

Like Mummy in the Foothills stated, you do need the counter signatory if you are not clearly recognizable from your old passport picture to your latest one. If you can tell that the two photos are the same person, then you don't need the counter signatory. However, if you look nothing like the old passport photo, you need the counter signatory.

As far as I know they are very strict about the passport holder signing in the box, but not sure about the counter signatory, as their signature is not needed for the actual passport.

Kathryn
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

lauraloo89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kathryn V
Hi

Like Mummy in the Foothills stated, you do need the counter signatory if you are not clearly recognizable from your old passport picture to your latest one. If you can tell that the two photos are the same person, then you don't need the counter signatory. However, if you look nothing like the old passport photo, you need the counter signatory.

As far as I know they are very strict about the passport holder signing in the box, but not sure about the counter signatory, as their signature is not needed for the actual passport.

Kathryn
thank you very much for your help
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

gaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nicegaga is just really nice

I am going through the same thing at the moment. it states on the form that the person must have known you for at least 2 years and is of professional standing?? I have moved about all over australia and don't have anyone whos known me for that long except my de facto boyfriend...is he related?
Thanks appreciate any help with this one.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gaga
I am going through the same thing at the moment. it states on the form that the person must have known you for at least 2 years and is of professional standing?? I have moved about all over australia and don't have anyone whos known me for that long except my de facto boyfriend...is he related?
Thanks appreciate any help with this one.
Discussed in http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas