Passport Application - Advice

Old Mar 21st 2019, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

alannabel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Application - Advice

Hello all,

It’s been some time since I was last here.

For the past few weeks, I’ve been waiting patiently for the approval of my passport application, and just today I have received an email from HMPO, denying my counter signatory. Which is a pain, obviously. So here are the details:

I’ve known my counter signatory for about 15-ish years. He was at the time of my application working as IT.
I understand that he doesn’t fit under the UK’s “acceptable” professions... but I thought, at the time, he would be accepted as a person of good standing within the community. He’s never been in any trouble with the law, held his job in IT for over 4 years... basically a good person. It seems as though, upon further investigation, there is no way around this professional person silliness.

I was able to get around this when I applied, and received, my citizenship - I presented a letter stating the second individual to co-sign was a friend of just under a year, and explained I did not have any doctors that I have had/known for two years or more.

So, here are my options:

Notry public. Co-worker. Known for 1.4 years.
Bookeeper. Family friend. Known for 20 years. Does not hold a passport.

I do have family, however, which meet their requirements. Owner of a business? Yes. My aunt works for the Canadian government. My uncle is a Reverend and Youth Minister.

I’m at a loss. I won’t lie on an application - but if I tell the truth they’ll probably deny me anyway?

Some advice would be appreciated... my only idea is to have my notary friend/coworker sign and I write a letter as I did with my citizenship.

Thanks to those for taking the time to read this post <3