Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Parents wont cosponsor fiance for K1 - looks like Im moving to UK.

Parents wont cosponsor fiance for K1 - looks like Im moving to UK.

Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:07 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents wont cosponsor fiance for K1 - looks like Im moving to UK.

Sounds as if you have your feet on the ground, Katrina -- I wish you and your fiance every happiness.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Sounds as if you have your feet on the ground, Katrina -- I wish you and your fiance every happiness.
I know exactly where you are coming from Katrina, I was meant to be moving to the US back in early 2008 but unfortunately I encountered a few problems so my wife moved here instead. And i can freely say we were GUTTED about it! Since then we both have had "average" incomes but with a lot of budgeting, and hopefully the pound picking up you could look to save between you so you have enough in savings so no need for a joint sponsor.
We are both good with money and both had small savings behind us anyway and we were halfway there in under two years.....

But the bad news came with me losing my job and with only one income now the saving is non-existent so we feel this is the time to take the plunge and move over the pond, luckily my wifes sister has agreed to co-sponsor me so hopefully all will go through fine from now on, and i hope everything works out fine for you.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katrinacov
Wow. So many responses! I havent checked this in a while. Sorry!

Ok. So my parents wont co sponsor because they are nervous about co sponsoring an immigrant and then if somehting happens between us they are still required to support him. My dad has also co sponsored on a load of university loans, and doesnt feel confortable, they are financially able to.

As far as the word "gutted" maybe I was using it wrong? It seems from all the responses I was...he was just disapointed because we BOTH wanted to live in the USA. He says that USA is a better place, more things to do, better weather, safer, friendlier etc. But he is fine with me moving there...he says as long as we are together it doesnt matter where we are. So I am moving over there and he is fine with it. I wish that I could afford to sponsor him myself but thats just simply not possible. I trust him and know that he wouldnt have stayed with me through all thats happend recently in my life if he simply wanted a green card. So no polygaph necessary.

It is way easier for me to move to Manchester anways as I have dual citizenship...so not expensive visa green card fees etc.
Thank you for the update Katrina, and for clarifying things. With you having dual citizenship, it sounds like you've found the best course of action for now. Who knows what the future will hold, perhaps there will still be a way for him to immigrate to the USA at some point.

Good luck to you guys.

Rene