Parental leave

Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parental leave

Hi all,

So I'm currently on Parental leave which means that technically I'm either unemployed or simply not earning the 18,600GPB required for sponsorship. I've however been at the same employers since 2014 and have always made more than the required amount in that time. Is this something I could clarify simply with a letter supported by T4's, has anyone run into this?
I should have stated that I intend to make the application within the next 6 months so the EI thing will be active.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parental leave

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t-v7.0-ext.pdf

Have a read of pages 31-33.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Thank you.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What are T4's and EI ?
Old Nov 19th 2021, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What are T4's and EI ?
T4's are yearly statements of pay from your employer. EI is Employment Insurance, it's Canada's National Insurance in a way. Not completely the same but similar.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

So you've been on parental leave in Canada?

For how long...?

... and have you been on unpaid parental leave?

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Nov 19th 2021 at 11:23 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

So you've been on parental leave in Canada?

For how long...?

... and have you been on unpaid parental leave?
How it works in Canada is you stop getting paid by your employer and you go on EI which is a form of mandated insurance.

reading the financial requirements linked to above this shouldn’t be an issue.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't think we have had an OP where the sponsor, who is not living in the UK is going to use the maternity, paternity, adoption, parental, sick leave specific rules to meet the financial requirements.
While Appendix FM 1.7 states Maternity pay, paternity pay and adoption pay which is paid overseas to a sponsor returning to the UK with the applicant to work can be counted towards the financial requirement, there is nothing, as I understand it, to cover unpaid leave given overseas.
It will be interesting to see what you will have to present as documentation.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't think we have had an OP where the sponsor, who is not living in the UK is going to use the maternity, paternity, adoption, parental, sick leave specific rules to meet the financial requirements.
While Appendix FM 1.7 states Maternity pay, paternity pay and adoption pay which is paid overseas to a sponsor returning to the UK with the applicant to work can be counted towards the financial requirement, there is nothing, as I understand it, to cover unpaid leave given overseas.
It will be interesting to see what you will have to present as documentation.
Even without the pay I meet the annual financial requirement the murky part is that its the previous 6 months to be used as evidence. That's where it might get tricky.