new to this..

Old May 9th 2012, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

britishj is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face new to this..

I am new to this forum - so please excuse me if I ask something that has already been explained or is blaringly obvious.
As a family we hope to relocate back to UK from Canada this summer. I am the Brit.
We have applied to renew our son's British passport (no problem with that). However our daughter is adopted (from China) and is now a Canadian citizen - any thoughts or ideas as to whether I will be able to successfully apply for a British passport for her? As for Canadian hubby's visa .... well ... I'll leave that for another discussion! thx

Last edited by britishj; May 9th 2012 at 7:50 pm. Reason: Add new title to be more specific
Old May 9th 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to this..

I just googled this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...led/children/#
Old May 9th 2012, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

britishj is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks - I must have seen this at some point .. just going googly eyed with all the red tape and massive paper trail....
Old May 9th 2012, 10:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for British citizenship for our adopted Dd, used for MN1 if I remember right, it didn't take very long, then I applied for her passport. Just a few months for both.
They needed all our court documents for the adoption.