4 days for settlement spouse visa!!!

Old Mar 22nd 2012, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of
Default 4 days for settlement spouse visa!!!

My wife just got her settlement spouse visa to UK after 4 days. We are in Toronto and planning to head back to the UK early June. I'm over the bloody moon. Toronto is dead for jobs in my field and I feel just fantastic at moving back.

Old Mar 22nd 2012, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 4 days for settlement spouse visa!!!

Apologies for the bad grammar, I'm just crazy happy!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Congrats - I know how good it feels
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

wow thats fast,,I have just got back from Toronto, handed in the mrs application and done the biometrics, i hope hers comes as fast as I have a job waiting for me in the UK
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Brilliant bigals good luck and best for your job, I have not yet looked for a job in the UK but there is a LOT advertised in my sector compared to Canada and feedback from companies I have contacted has been good. I would rather be poor in the UK than Canada .

Yeah 5 days, Worldbridge said 10 weeks so we were really surprised.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all

We're just about to put in for my wife's ILR - just out of interest, how much savings did you say you had, and where did you say you'd be staying when you get back to the UK? We're going to send bank statements that show $10k in the bank and that we've got a hotel booked to stay in until we get settled. I hope that's going to be sufficient. I know the rules are supposed to be changing at the beginning of next month, but apparently it doesn't look like it's happening now.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rusty Chainsaw
We're just about to put in for my wife's ILR - just out of interest, how much savings did you say you had, and where did you say you'd be staying when you get back to the UK? We're going to send bank statements that show $10k in the bank and that we've got a hotel booked to stay in until we get settled. I hope that's going to be sufficient. I know the rules are supposed to be changing at the beginning of next month, but apparently it doesn't look like it's happening now.

TBH $10k and starting in a hotel sounds perilously low to me, it won't take long for that to get swallowed up. Have you a job lined up?

IIRC something like a suggested amount of £23-26k gets thrown about, but I'm not sure where that comes from.

From an approval pov I'd be worried about the hotel thing. We stayed with my parents so it was not an issue. Are there no friends of family that you can at least say your staying with and that can provide a letter?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
TBH $10k and starting in a hotel sounds perilously low to me, it won't take long for that to get swallowed up. Have you a job lined up?

IIRC something like a suggested amount of £23-26k gets thrown about, but I'm not sure where that comes from.

From an approval pov I'd be worried about the hotel thing. We stayed with my parents so it was not an issue. Are there no friends of family that you can at least say your staying with and that can provide a letter?
I have no living relatives in the UK anymore, and don't know anyone there who would have enough room for two adults and a 16-month-old.

My wife reads UK-Yankee a lot, and they seem to think our arrangements are sufficient, but it's always good to get another perspective. I'll be able to walk straight into a job with no issues. Supposedly the new £20k figure comes from the changes that were supposed to be introduced next month, but apparently it doesn't look like it's happening now.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I have no living relatives in the UK anymore, and don't know anyone there who would have enough room for two adults and a 16-month-old.

My wife reads UK-Yankee a lot, and they seem to think our arrangements are sufficient, but it's always good to get another perspective. I'll be able to walk straight into a job with no issues. Supposedly the new £20k figure comes from the changes that were supposed to be introduced next month, but apparently it doesn't look like it's happening now.
Oh OK, going straight into a job will be good. We've had two settlement visas in our time and both times they wanted a letter. But if others have done it in a similar situation that you are in then it must be doable. I'd get the job confirmed in writing if you can, I'm sure that will go a long way to helping your application along.

Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rusty Chainsaw,

We will be staying with my Father and his wife. We got him to write a letter saying that we can stay with him. He had to say how many bedrooms his house had, and how many rooms after bathroom and kitchen. He also sent a mortgage statement to us to provide and I also downloaded proof of ownership from the Land Registry website (4 quid).

After shipping and flights we will be going back with just over twenty thousand pounds.

PM me if you need any more details.

Cheers,
Richard
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Well, our visa paperwork was received by the consulate today - fingers crossed. We've secured a family friend to give us some short-term accommodation when we get back, and they've sent us a letter and a mortgage statement to back it up. So hopefully we'll be OK.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Visa issued!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Visa issued!
wow Congratulations. Let us know how your move back goe's!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit
wow Congratulations. Let us know how your move back goe's!
We've got July 6th pencilled in for the move - that gives us time to get everything sorted out, plus we get to spend the 4th July with my wife's family. But, yep, now we've got the ILR, we can get going with everything and do some proper planning.

I can't believe how quick the visa got issued - that's proper next-day service, and we'll have everything back in our hand tomorrow.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

We've got July 6th pencilled in for the move - that gives us time to get everything sorted out, plus we get to spend the 4th July with my wife's family. But, yep, now we've got the ILR, we can get going with everything and do some proper planning.

I can't believe how quick the visa got issued - that's proper next-day service, and we'll have everything back in our hand tomorrow.
Thats awesome! How did you find it, with the paper work and gathering all the relevant information? What did you use to show that you had actually met?

Going to be doing all this in a few years to, so really interested.

Good luck with everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.