Need help!! Visa AND Passport for Baby?

Old May 27th 2006, 1:50 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help!! Visa AND Passport for Baby?

Originally Posted by Jacob24
This information is straight from the Brazilian Embassy in Miami.
The very first thing suggested to you was to contact the Brazilian Embassy, yet you found that response to be "unfriendly". How ironic...

~ Jenney
Old May 27th 2006, 3:34 am
Rich Wales

"NCTarheel" wrote:

> There are no restrictions as to the principle of multiple
> citizenships for Brazilian citizens who have an original
> foreign citizenship as a result of birth (jus soli) or
> ascendancy (jus sanguinis).

The correct English word near the end of the above sentence would
be "descent", not "ascendancy". Children are said, in English,
to be "descended" from their parents.

Rich Wales [email protected] http://www.richw.org/dualcit/
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, professional immigration consultant,
or consular officer. My comments are for discussion purposes only and
are not intended to be relied upon as legal or professional advice.

Old May 27th 2006, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich Wales

The correct English word near the end of the above sentence would
be "descent", not "ascendancy". Children are said, in English,
to be "descended" from their parents.

Rich Wales [email protected] http://www.richw.org/dualcit/
*DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, professional immigration consultant,
or consular officer. My comments are for discussion purposes only and
are not intended to be relied upon as legal or professional advice.
Hi Rich:

OT --

I'm amused because of a tendency of the three legacy agencies of the INS to refer to the FORMER agency as the "legacy INS." I really don't know how this happened. In my writings I always refer to the "former INS."
Old May 28th 2006, 12:27 am
Banned

Jacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
The very first thing suggested to you was to contact the Brazilian Embassy, yet you found that response to be "unfriendly". How ironic...

~ Jenney

Living in VA i can see why all you have time to do is live on this forum. Why dont you go back to school and focus all of your negative energy into something positive that might benefit someone. Staying on this site like a forum lizard will not help you, or anyone you may post a comment to. Get A life!!
Old May 28th 2006, 6:31 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Living in VA i can see why all you have time to do is live on this forum. Why dont you go back to school and focus all of your negative energy into something positive that might benefit someone. Staying on this site like a forum lizard will not help you, or anyone you may post a comment to. Get A life!!

I have time to spend in this forum because I am very efficient with time management. Also, I stay active on here in order to continue learning and understanding the ongoing immigration process. In turn, this has enabled me to help others understand the immigration process, on this forum and elsewhere.

I don't know what living in Virginia has anything to do with. Virginia is a beautiful and historic commonwealth that I am happy to call home, as I have for the past 26 years. Maybe you could explain what you were referring to?

I don't need to go back to school -- I already have two college degrees, thank you very much. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're telling me that I need to "get a life" because I am posting in this forum, and yet you are doing the exact same thing: Posting in this forum.

Like I said: Pot. Kettle. Black.

BTW, I'm glad the Brazilian embassy advised you of the right course of action to take.

~ Jenney
Old May 28th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your response. The answer is this. If a child is born in the US to an American citizen and a Brazilian woman or vice versa, as long as the child is under the age of 12 years, and not yet registered in person at a Brazilian Embassy or Consulate as a Brazilian citizen then they are not required to have a Passport from Brazil to travel back and forth to Brazil from the US. Only the US passport and Visa are required. This information is straight from the Brazilian Embassy in Miami.
Hi:

Thank you. Standard caution -- oral information from one official of ANY government may or may not be a valuable as the paper its printed on.

[On the pedantic end of things -- it is the Brazilian "consulate" in Miami. The "embassy" is in Washington DC].

Good luck.