Need help!! Visa AND Passport for Baby?

Old May 23rd 2006, 12:59 am
Banned

Jacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant future
Default Need help!! Visa AND Passport for Baby?

I am USC. My wife Is Brazilian citizen but has 2 year green card. Our son is almost 4 months old. My wife and i went through the K-1 visa as are many of you. We just received the US passport for our son. We are planning to visit my wife's family in Brazil in late June. HERE IS THE QUESTION! Does our son have to have a Passport from Brazil as well as the Us passport and brazil visa because his mother is still considered a brazilian citizen? We Have heard it both ways and really cant find anything online to substantiate anything. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Old May 23rd 2006, 1:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help!! Visa AND Passport for Baby?

Try contacting the Brazilian embassy. They will tell you if your son is a citizen of Brazil and if he requires a Brazilian passport for entry. If he is a BC then he won't require a visa.

Originally Posted by Jacob24
I am USC. My wife Is Brazilian citizen but has 2 year green card. Our son is almost 4 months old. My wife and i went through the K-1 visa as are many of you. We just received the US passport for our son. We are planning to visit my wife's family in Brazil in late June. HERE IS THE QUESTION! Does our son have to have a Passport from Brazil as well as the Us passport and brazil visa because his mother is still considered a brazilian citizen? We Have heard it both ways and really cant find anything online to substantiate anything. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Old May 23rd 2006, 1:11 am
Banned

Jacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Try contacting the Brazilian embassy. They will tell you if your son is a citizen of Brazil and if he requires a Brazilian passport for entry. If he is a BC then he won't require a visa.

He was born here in the US and the way i understand it, he would be a USC. If that is true would he still need a Brazil passport? Any ideas?
Old May 23rd 2006, 2:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He was born here in the US and the way i understand it, he would be a USC. If that is true would he still need a Brazil passport? Any ideas?

Yes, he is a USC. As for a need for a Brazilian passport, if he is a citizen of Brazil as well, it would be logical to think so.

Call the Brazilian Consulate as they would know the answer and that is where you would get the passport.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

NCTarheel is on a distinguished road

http://www.consbrastoronto.org/1024/citizenship.htm
Old May 24th 2006, 1:50 am
Banned

Thank you very much! That was a big help.
Old May 24th 2006, 2:31 am
Concierge

Thank you very much! That was a big help.

Not being a brat here, Jacob, but NCTarheel went and did a simple search for you and got the answer that you were looking for.

What I was trying to do is to get you to do for yourself rather than have someone else do your homework for you.

Thanks NCTarheel for allowing helping Jacob to skate through life without having to do any of the work himself. Guess you are the sort of person that gave the class idiot the answers on the test, too.
Old May 24th 2006, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

NCTarheel is on a distinguished road

Not being a brat here, Jacob, but NCTarheel went and did a simple search for you and got the answer that you were looking for.

What I was trying to do is to get you to do for yourself rather than have someone else do your homework for you.

Thanks NCTarheel for allowing helping Jacob to skate through life without having to do any of the work himself. Guess you are the sort of person that gave the class idiot the answers on the test, too.
Hey Rete, take it easy. OP's post got me curious about Brazil's citizenship laws and so I decided to find out that information to satisfy my curiosity. Once I had the link, I figured I might as well post it. Other posters post links to USCIS and other info and I don't see you jumping on them.
Old May 24th 2006, 5:59 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NCTarheel
Hey Rete, take it easy. OP's post got me curious about Brazil's citizenship laws and so I decided to find out that information to satisfy my curiosity. Once I had the link, I figured I might as well post it. Other posters post links to USCIS and other info and I don't see you jumping on them.
I think Rete's point is that Jacob could have found the information probably as easily as you did, but his posts made it obvious that he did not even try. Otherwise he wouldn't have asked the same question again after getting suggestions about where to look for the answers.

~ Jenney
Old May 25th 2006, 12:25 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I think Rete's point is that Jacob could have found the information probably as easily as you did, but his posts made it obvious that he did not even try. Otherwise he wouldn't have asked the same question again after getting suggestions about where to look for the answers.

~ Jenney
Jeez, does it really make any difference to you?
Old May 25th 2006, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
In this case, I think it does make a difference. The OP's SOP is to have others do the work for him and then blame them if/when things go wrong. He repeats his questions over and over in the same thread until someone gives him what he wants... what he could have found out for himself it he'd taken any responsibility for his own issues. He's done it before... he'll do it again.

Ian
Old May 25th 2006, 1:11 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In this case, I think it does make a difference. The OP's SOP is to have others do the work for him and then blame them if/when things go wrong. He repeats his questions over and over in the same thread until someone gives him what he wants... what he could have found out for himself it he'd taken any responsibility for his own issues. He's done it before... he'll do it again.

Ian
My point being, was there really any need to be rude to NC Tarheel for finding the info for him, sure tell the OP to get off his butt and find the info but don't make someone feel like crap for trying to help
Old May 25th 2006, 2:00 pm
Concierge

My point being, was there really any need to be rude to NC Tarheel for finding the info for him, sure tell the OP to get off his butt and find the info but don't make someone feel like crap for trying to help

I was not being rude to NCTarheel. If you think that was rude perhaps you might want to wander back to the playground and re-read some of the posts by your playmates there. Talk abut rude!
Old May 25th 2006, 4:06 pm

I was not being rude to NCTarheel. If you think that was rude perhaps you might want to wander back to the playground and re-read some of the posts by your playmates there. Talk abut rude!
Maybe it's just the way you come across, this post has the same feel to it, I guess you must have been the class know it all or goody two shoes
Old May 25th 2006, 5:11 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that immigration is a serious undertaking, it is important -- even essential -- for those involved to learn as much about it as they can. Knowing how to research, how and where to look for answers to one's questions is key to successful immigration. That's because knowing how to research not only gives you the answers you are seeking, but more importantly it helps ensure that you understand the process.

Asking others to provide the answers without even trying to make the effort to research on one's own is not the way to hone that skill and learn the process.

The OP chose to have a child who is automatically a dual citizen of Brazil and the US. There were at least 9 months prior to the baby's birth to look up what that dual citizenship will entail. When he finally got around to asking questions about it, he was provided suggestions about where to look for the answers. He ignored those suggestions and just asked his questions again.

Now that someone has provided a link to everything he needs to know about Brazilian citizenship, Jacob has an answer to his questions -- but does he understand the process? My guess is, probably not. He'll have other questions that will arise -- such as how to obtain a Brazilian passport for his baby -- and he won't know how to look up the answers for himself.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.