My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jan 8th 2016, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by kb2015
Dear Davelovesdee,

Good afternoon!

Cant thank you enough for your reply.

So one more question if I may ask please.

1. So when I apply for UK Family Permit for my mother before moving to the UK , I have to prove that I have to transferred my COL. My question is should I have prove the same again when I apply for UK Residence Card imagining I have obtained UK FP?

Really appreciate your time and help.

Thank and best regards,
KB
According to the current UK RC application form, yes you do. However, people have opted not to use most of the form (except the Biometric and payment pages) but use a cover letter instead outlining the point that CoL and exercising treaty rights has already been proven for the issuing of the FP.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

J and T is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=LINANA;11831111]No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card.
"A valid, genuine Article 10 (or Article 20) residence card allows the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to travel to the UK without the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit."

And once your husband gets in uk ,apply for UK RC based on the surinder route .
Thanks Linana , we are in the germany for over 3 months now and My husband is still waiting for the german RC , we got Library cards and Health Insurance cards and three months Pay Slips of Mine , Are These enough to apply for the uk RC and we got Joint Bank Account and german government registeration at the Same address also. I appreciate for your help
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Hello Dave,
You advised me to apply the uk RC in the Mid of january and i am Really confused to apply for it or Wait for residence card in germany. I have three months Pay Slips now.we have crossed the 100 day Mark äs well. Shall i apply for it or Wait a Little more
Old Jan 8th 2016, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=J and T;11831968]
Originally Posted by LINANA
No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card.
"A valid, genuine Article 10 (or Article 20) residence card allows the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to travel to the UK without the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit."

I am doing the same in ireland,my husband is british citizen,i just submitted my irish RC in Nov, not gonna process untik Feb ,,,(very slow in ireland ),hopefully faster in Germany,

Get the German RC first , then enter Uk ,then apply for uk RC , I suggest you to wait longer ..about 6 months livin in germany .. Cuz your intention would be too obvious ..and hard to approve the center of your life have shifted to Germany...

Do u drive in germany ?maybe possessing a car will help more , all the documents unmentioned should be sufficient,just the more ,the better ..

And once your husband gets in uk ,apply for UK RC based on the surinder route .
Thanks Linana , we are in the germany for over 3 months now and My husband is still waiting for the german RC , we got Library cards and Health Insurance cards and three months Pay Slips of Mine , Are These enough to apply for the uk RC and we got Joint Bank Account and german government registeration at the Same address also. I appreciate for your help
Old Jan 8th 2016, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Hello linana, i have got Car on My Name in germany and My husband drives it . I have no licence. It is Registered on My Name though. If i will join german Classes for couple of months , will it help in the uk RC application.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J and T
Hello linana, i have got Car on My Name in germany and My husband drives it . I have no licence. It is Registered on My Name though. If i will join german Classes for couple of months , will it help in the uk RC application.
Do u guys speak german ?i remember from uk gov , to prove u have transferred ur CENTER OF LIFE to the state , u must speak their language..
Old Jan 8th 2016, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

kb2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
According to the current UK RC application form, yes you do. However, people have opted not to use most of the form (except the Biometric and payment pages) but use a cover letter instead outlining the point that CoL and exercising treaty rights has already been proven for the issuing of the FP.
Thanks Davelovesdee.

I will look into applying for Family Permit then.

Appreciate your support and time.

Thanks and best regards,
KB
Old Jan 8th 2016, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J and T
Hello Dave,
You advised me to apply the uk RC in the Mid of january and i am Really confused to apply for it or Wait for residence card in germany. I have three months Pay Slips now.we have crossed the 100 day Mark äs well. Shall i apply for it or Wait a Little more
UK RC or FP?

Once you have the German RC, apply for an FP then apply for the UK RC asap once you have returned to the UK.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jan 8th 2016 at 11:33 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

UK RC or FP?

Once you have the German RC, apply for an FP then apply for the UK RC asap once you have returned to the UK.
No , they can enter uk without applyin for FP, accordin to the mcathy case ,(holder of article 10 RC can enter uk ,)
Old Jan 9th 2016, 1:01 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

once again, without assumptions or guesswork.

UK Government to Recognise Family Member Residence Cards from April 2015 | EU Rights Clinic

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-re...rd/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...er-form-eea-fm
Old Jan 14th 2016, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Before we start the SS route we are actually going to go home for a holiday. Somebody just told me that even just a holiday in the uk will now require a visa for a spouse of a uk citizen. Without starting a new thread for a simple question is that true? She is a us citizen, we are only coming over for four weeks, so what is it we have to apply for?
Old Jan 14th 2016, 4:50 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul M B
Before we start the SS route we are actually going to go home for a holiday. Somebody just told me that even just a holiday in the uk will now require a visa for a spouse of a uk citizen. Without starting a new thread for a simple question is that true? She is a us citizen, we are only coming over for four weeks, so what is it we have to apply for?
US citizen will not need a visa to enter the UK as a tourist

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y
Old Jan 14th 2016, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by not2old

Thank you. These support groups on Facebook Are great but aren't half filled with fear mongers at times.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by not2old

Thank you. These support groups on Facebook Are great but aren't half filled with fear mongers at times.
According to Gov.uk, a visa is not needed, however I am aware of at least 2 instances in the last 6 months of non-visa national spouses being refused entry with the reason being stated that the non-visa national is married to a Brit and therefore is a risk of overstaying. I'm sure that within the 6 month period, hundreds of other non-visa national spouses successfully entered the UK without a visa as well, but it will depend on the individual Entry Clearance Officer.

I think that many groups aren't fearmongering, but merely pointing out that the Home Office and UKVI don't always apply the rules correctly.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jan 14th 2016 at 5:21 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2016, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

According to Gov.uk, a visa is not needed, however I am aware of at least 2 instances in the last 6 months of non-visa national spouses being refused entry with the reason being stated that the non-visa national is married to a Brit and therefore is a risk of overstaying. I'm sure that within the 6 month period, hundreds of other non-visa national spouses successfully entered the UK without a visa as well, but it will depend on the individual Entry Clearance Officer.

I think that many groups aren't fearmongering, but merely pointing out that the Home Office and UKVI don't always apply the rules correctly.
How can I avoid this happening then? We have our return tickets booked so that's at least good. However this holiday is a case of the timing is right. We have been evicted from our apartment and my job has got so quiet that we decided to take up my parents offer of a much needed vacation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.