My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by geebee1978
My update.

Got Schengen visa smoothly through the Maltese embassy in China and promptly booked flights and a holiday apartment.

We arrived hassle-free in Malta and have just enjoyed Christmas and New Year. Next week, we get on the case with an apartment and job.

Malta is a charming little island; cheap, great food, friendly people and English-speaking and while the evenings are nippy, the skies are crisp and blue and the cold certainly doesn't bite like northern Europe.

I'll keep you updated.
Wait for the rain! :P

A thunderstorm will appear, it'll rain heavily for 20-30 minutes, then an hour after that everything will be dry again!
Old Jan 5th 2016, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

geebee1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Wait for the rain! :P

A thunderstorm will appear, it'll rain heavily for 20-30 minutes, then an hour after that everything will be dry again!
Sounds like Thailand. I'll take that over the seemingly endless drizzle of the UK any day.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:11 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geebee1978
My update.

Got Schengen visa smoothly through the Maltese embassy in China and promptly booked flights and a holiday apartment.

We arrived hassle-free in Malta and have just enjoyed Christmas and New Year. Next week, we get on the case with an apartment and job.

Malta is a charming little island; cheap, great food, friendly people and English-speaking and while the evenings are nippy, the skies are crisp and blue and the cold certainly doesn't bite like northern Europe.

I'll keep you updated.
Good to read it all worked out for you.

As for the coming 'rain' that Dave mentioned, this is to get you ready for the move to the UK

Wish you well finding an apartment & jobs & 'never say never', you may end up staying in Malta
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Offices opened on Monday after New Year and we wandered into an estate agent looking for an apartment. Within two hours, we had the keys to a three bedroom apartment in Qawra, although we don't officially move in until the 15th. Only €500 a month, no references needed and one month deposit needed to be put down.

Schools and job next but so far, Malta seems a smooth option. Fingers crossed.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:36 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

geebee1978, for reference & information for others, which holiday apartment did you get, how did you find & book it by what method or through who?

For the Apartment [is it furnished] in Qawra, which letting agent did you get it through?
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

The holiday apartment is called Shamrock Apartments and we booked direct through their website. http://www.shamrockmalta.com/

They charge €30 a night and collected us from the airport.

Our long-let apartment was through an agency called Andy Stowne which has an office just behind Shamrock. We simply walked in and told them what we wanted.

I belive most places come furnished but this place has absolutely everything down to extra bedcovers and towels.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

kb2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb2015
Dear All,

Good morning!

Glad to have found this forum and thanks a million to all the wonderful people for sharing their experience. Special mention to Angela for starting this thread.

I am a British Citizen currently exercising EU Treaty Rights on the basis of employment in Ireland with my widowed mother who is from a non-eea country.

The following is my timeline:

-November 2015: Mother and I moved from UK to Dublin. Mother was stamped 2 months stamp at the airport on the basis of UK Visit Visa.

-December 2015: Applied for mother EU1 with all necessary documents.

-Awaiting letter from INIS for temporary stamp from Garda

-Awaiting Residence Card

I heard after Mccarthy 's case, we dont need to apply EEA Permit to move to UK after obtaining Irish Residence Card.

The following are my questions if I may ask please:

1. Chances of getting my mother Irish Residence Card.

2. Is it better to apply EEA Permit when we move back to the UK and will it increase the chance of getting UK Residence Card?

3. Could you please let me know the documents I need to have especially for Centre of Life when we eventually apply for UK Residence Card ?

4. My wife still lives in the UK who is a British. She is not in a position move to Dublin due to work and health reasons. Will that have an impact on transfer of Center of Life? But I have moved all mine.

I would appreciate if you could kindly guide me on this please?

Appreciate your time and help in advance.

Thanks and best regards,
KB
Dear All,

Could someone kindly reply to my queries please?

Thanks
KB
Old Jan 7th 2016, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb2015
Dear All,

Good morning!

Glad to have found this forum and thanks a million to all the wonderful people for sharing their experience. Special mention to Angela for starting this thread.

I am a British Citizen currently exercising EU Treaty Rights on the basis of employment in Ireland with my widowed mother who is from a non-eea country.

The following is my timeline:

-November 2015: Mother and I moved from UK to Dublin. Mother was stamped 2 months stamp at the airport on the basis of UK Visit Visa.

-December 2015: Applied for mother EU1 with all necessary documents.

-Awaiting letter from INIS for temporary stamp from Garda

-Awaiting Residence Card

I heard after Mccarthy 's case, we dont need to apply EEA Permit to move to UK after obtaining Irish Residence Card.

The following are my questions if I may ask please:

1. Chances of getting my mother Irish Residence Card.

50/50 Either she will or she won't. No reason she shouldn't though.

2. Is it better to apply EEA Permit when we move back to the UK and will it increase the chance of getting UK Residence Card?

Yes. An FP shows that the UKVI/Home Office hae accepted that you've exercised sufficient treaty rights.

3. Could you please let me know the documents I need to have especially for Centre of Life when we eventually apply for UK Residence Card ?

'Centre of Life' in the UK isn't required, only 'CoL in the host SS country (though this is unlawly under EU law, it's better to provide a little to make a refusal less likely). We used library cards ad store loyalty cards.

4. My wife still lives in the UK who is a British. She is not in a position move to Dublin due to work and health reasons. Will that have an impact on transfer of Center of Life? But I have moved all mine.

There has been someone I'm aware of who did this also, who is now back in the UK with his mother. However, it will depend on which case workers deal with your FP or UK RC applications.

I would appreciate if you could kindly guide me on this please?

Appreciate your time and help in advance.

Thanks and best regards,
KB
Good luck!
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul M B
I get you. We have spoke in length about it already though and we are pretty much set. I have always wanted to live in Ireland for a while as well so this is a perfect opportunity.
No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card
Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dee had been refused entry, detained for 2 nights in an immigration detention centre before being removed from the UK. 11 months later, she successfully applied for a UK FP after we'd been in Malta for 4 and a half months.

We've been back in the UK for over a year now!
I just submitted my application in ireland for my RC, my husband (uk citizen)I excercising his treaty right in ireland ,accordin to article 10 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card, I am allowed to enter uk ,
my question is :how long can I stay ?
Can I apply for UK RC based on Surinder Singh route. In uk ,or has to be im ireland ?thx so much
Old Jan 7th 2016, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LINANA
No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card
I'm not sure I get you. I am the EU citizen and from the UK. What's this about a German RC?
Old Jan 7th 2016, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul M B
I'm not sure I get you. I am the EU citizen and from the UK. What's this about a German RC?
From uk website : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card
"A valid, genuine Article 10 (or Article 20) residence card allows the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to travel to the UK without the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit."
Old Jan 7th 2016, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LINANA
No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card
Sry , I meant to send someone else :P
Old Jan 7th 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J and T
Hi there,
I would like to have help about how shall i proceed to My surinder singh route to go back to uk. I have come with My indian husband to germany on 23 September 2015, Started employment on 1 october 2015 in a pizzeria for 17 hours a week. We got Registered at townhall and 5 years residence card of My husband is in process which we Applied on 17 of November . I would like to ask if My employment is enough to Qualify under surinder singh ruling and when should we apply for family permit to the uk
No , u don't have to apply for FP, if ur husband get geman RC, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card.
"A valid, genuine Article 10 (or Article 20) residence card allows the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to travel to the UK without the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit."

And once your husband gets in uk ,apply for UK RC based on the surinder route .
I
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

kb2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck!
Dear Davelovesdee,

Good afternoon!

Cant thank you enough for your reply.

So one more question if I may ask please.

1. So when I apply for UK Family Permit for my mother before moving to the UK , I have to prove that I have to transferred my COL. My question is should I have prove the same again when I apply for UK Residence Card imagining I have obtained UK FP?

Really appreciate your time and help.

Thank and best regards,
KB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.