moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

Old Jan 7th 2017, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

Originally Posted by morpeth
If one lives in UK but receives income from USA from working remotely , does that count towards the $18,600 income requirement ?

How is the employment set up? Are you paid in the US or UK? Do you pay taxes in the UK? Are you employed by the US company or do you submit invoices to them so that you are, effectively, self employed?
Old Jan 8th 2017, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
How is the employment set up? Are you paid in the US or UK? Do you pay taxes in the UK? Are you employed by the US company or do you submit invoices to them so that you are, effectively, self employed?
Trying to decide how to get paid which is reason for my question. One source of income still paid in US as employee, don't know if they would agree to pay as non-employee or if they would pay direct to UK. So looking at income requirements ( I took some time off from working) I am looking how to structure going forwards to meet financial requirements.

Currently in UK but working online paid in US.I have been also offered as consultant/self-employed doing work in the UK.

Or, if I understand correctly, it seems easier to bring family into Ireland first. Daughter is British, wife non EEA citizen.US green card holder.

Last edited by morpeth; Jan 8th 2017 at 8:16 am.