moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

nhgeordie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

Hello
I have been reading the uk.gov website looking to see what the financial requirements are when moving back to UK, but the info I need does not seem to be covered there.
I need a visa to bring my American wife home with me, and see which type I need , but as far as the financial requirements go, I cannot see any mention of Social Security which is the main income we have. We can make the requirement, but I need confirmation if Social Security is OK to use .
US Social Security will pay into a British Bank Account, and she has a works pension too.
Thanks
Jim

Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to UK [Financial requirements]

As long as it is regular income that will persist after you move to the UK, and your aggregate, consistent household income exceeds £18,600pa (assuming you only supporting one visa holder, your wife), then you're good to go!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

there's a pdf on this page that explains the options https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility of combining savings and income.

page 16

State (UK or foreign) or private pension of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant. This is referred to as Category E. See section 8 of this guidance.

Last edited by mrken30; Nov 17th 2016 at 6:58 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Pulaski, Mr Ken Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

Pleased her Social Security wll be counted, she gets a lot more than me.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 9:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nhgeordie
Pulaski, Mr Ken Thanks so much for replying so quickly.

Pleased her Social Security wll be counted, she gets a lot more than me.
I hope that you've enough sense (never mind cents) to move back to the Toon?
Old Nov 17th 2016, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You should obtain your US citizenship. If the return to the UK does not pan out then you would be able to return to the US without having to go through the immigration process again.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Novocastrian,
Why Aye bonny lad but am a bread and buttered Bortley lad. Well Barley Mow like
Old Nov 20th 2016, 7:25 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nhgeordie
Novocastrian,
Why Aye bonny lad but am a bread and buttered Bortley lad. Well Barley Mow like
Yer gannin' hyem t' the Heed like?
Old Nov 20th 2016, 1:16 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Pity you can only see Championship matches up there....you'll have to mingle with the Mackems or visit the Boro for Premiership.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 5:18 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by nun
Pity you can only see Championship matches up there....you'll have to mingle with the Mackems or visit the Boro for Premiership.

Is this thread about football (or taxes)? I didn't think so, but since you mention it, Newcastle won their 8th straight match away at LUFC today.

It's often said that once a team amasses 40 points, they're safe from relegation. NUFC have 40 points from the first 17 games (and they lost the first 2 of those).

I can deal quite happily with the regeneration of the team, winning almost every weekend, under control a proper manager and operating without continuous interference from Fat Mike and his cronies, for this season.

Thank you for raising the topic. Now naff off.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
As long as it is regular income that will persist after you move to the UK, and your aggregate, consistent household income exceeds £18,600pa (assuming you only supporting one visa holder, your wife), then you're good to go!
If one lives in UK but receives income from USA from working remotely , does that count towards the $18,600 income requirement ?

If spouse comes into UK on student visa, and works part time ( I think 20 hours a week allowed ?) would that income count towards toward the income requirement ( I assume spouse could apply to stay from within UK in that instance ?).
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

$ or £ ??
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
If one lives in UK but receives income from USA from working remotely , does that count towards the $18,600 income requirement ?

If spouse comes into UK on student visa, and works part time ( I think 20 hours a week allowed ?) would that income count towards toward the income requirement ( I assume spouse could apply to stay from within UK in that instance ?).
Yes, and Yes.

The examples of the second question include when someone already in the UK on a work visa, so similar to the student visa you mentioned, gets married - their income is included in their spouse visa application. Also when reapplying after 2.5 years, a new immigrant spouse's income in the UK is included.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, and Yes.

The examples of the second question include when someone already in the UK on a work visa, so similar to the student visa you mentioned, gets married - their income is included in their spouse visa application. Also when reapplying after 2.5 years, a new immigrant spouse's income in the UK is included.
Meant pounds not dollars LOL.

So in terms of time required and ease of applying and receiving, what is better, student visa then convert to spousal visa ? Asking because not sure on meeting financial requirement, or how overseas income earned remotely from UK is handled.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by morpeth
Meant pounds not dollars LOL.

So in terms of time required and ease of applying and receiving, what is better, student visa then convert to spousal visa ? Asking because not sure on meeting financial requirement, or how overseas income earned remotely from UK is handled.
Not sure in the timing, but overseas/online/remote income isn't a problem and is quite common these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.