Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 12th 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by london_2005
which country did you apply from ?
Pakistan - can take anywhere from 60 - 90 days. But seen people wait longer than that. Hopefully lady luck wherever she maybe is shining down on the application and a decision is made within the month! Here's hoping!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

How long for priority from Thailand?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

another question ; i see from other forums that the UKVI tracking website no longer shows the status for apps made from outside the UK - has anyone recently tested this, e.g. someone with a decision made status tried to check it from https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov....atus_ns/refno/ ?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Below is a post on timelines only section. Can that be true? Seriously?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Country applying from: UAE (Dubai) ( wife is Kazakh)
Online application: 1st Sept 2017
Biometrics: 5th Sept 2017 - Paid for Priority at VFS
VFS message documents forwarded to UKVI : 9 sept 2017
Acknowledged for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: n/a
Non-straightforward notice & request for further document: N/A
Decision made: n/a
Email to collect processed visa application from VFS: 11 Sept 2017
Passport collected with approved visa: 12 sept 2017 ( processed in Abu Dhabi not Sheffield)

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 12th 2017 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Tweak to quote box + username . For clarity.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Yes. For future ref, you can see a forum members other posts by clicking on their username - see this thread from earlier today. http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...hocked-903242/

HTH.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattthefat
No requests for documents or anything. Complete radio silence except for responding to my complaints and whingeing. If I were listening to me in Sheffield or wherever the UKVI Contact Centre staff are, I'd give me a visa just to shut me the hell up! I'm told Aussies are the worst complainers over in the UK (which is always believed to be the reverse back here) because we're always complaining about the weather, or the beaches) so just doing my best to keep that Aussie complainer reputation alive
You're doing well haha but i would advise you to stop contacting them yourself and make an official query via MP or a solicitor as they are well over the 90 days as you did not receive a not straughtforward email. My MP has raised a query today lets see what they are coming back with now. Stay positive you find someone on similar timing.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:37 am
Just Joined

catindahat is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like Sheffield only find out they couldn't digest so much alone in September?

That member's case is proceeded in his own country, lucky he avoids all the Sheffield's mess.

However every case is different, maybe the document he prepared is immaculate?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's true. We got very lucky that my wife's application was handled in country over here and not sent to Sheffield. We did pay priority and it was a very clear case ( I know that many others also had straightforward cases but are suffering long waits). Maybe it helped that my wife had 6 previous uk visit visas, including the last 2 which were 2 year visas processed in the same office as the spouse visa.

Wasn't all good news though as they completely ignored our intended date of travel and issued the visa valid for 30 days from issue. So we now have to fly to the UK next week to collect the BRP. Again, I realise many of you would love to have that problem.

Wishing those of you waiting good luck with your applications so you can be reunited quickly with your loved ones.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
You're doing well haha but i would advise you to stop contacting them yourself and make an official query via MP or a solicitor as they are well over the 90 days as you did not receive a not straughtforward email. My MP has raised a query today lets see what they are coming back with now. Stay positive you find someone on similar timing.
I have received the not straightforward email, and also the "still working on your application but can't give a timeline for completion" one in early August. But only after I complain and escalate. Never any proactive communication to me. Only found out it's with an ECO from 12 August when the MPs office called up on my behalf.

My migration agent is not a solicitor, but I'm seriously considering approaching one. My agent appears to be more than happy to work with one though. I think again just to shut me up as I'm on the phone and email very regularly to them (joke! They've actually helped one of my good mates' wife get into Australia too and been great). We're all just scratching our heads on what to do.

MPs office actually advised me to not waste my money just yet as Home Office is ignoring everyone. They said leave it another two weeks (that was last week) and see if the backlog clears out a bit. Unfortunately, I am now in the position that I'd budgeted to have started working in the UK last week. So not sure if I should bite the bullet and throw more money at the problem, or wait and wear the lost income.

I've seen a couple of people also get decisions lately, but also some people waiting longer and now there's the 5000-odd people who have been on hold. Just not quite sure what to do at this point. But still gotta keep that positive mindset.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Applied in Brisbane Australia 24 July 2017. Got a phone call from VFS that they has lost my scanned documents. Hoping it does not mean I go back to the end of the line. Getting over waiting no job, car or house. Today is day 37. I even paid for priority the lady that sold it to me said 10-15 days not that it would take this long.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Pakistan - can take anywhere from 60 - 90 days. But seen people wait longer than that. Hopefully lady luck wherever she maybe is shining down on the application and a decision is made within the month! Here's hoping!
Received an email this morning from the call centre as an update to my call and they said they now see the status as "decision made" - although TLS still shows "waiting for decision"
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonnz
Applied in Brisbane Australia 24 July 2017. Got a phone call from VFS that they has lost my scanned documents. Hoping it does not mean I go back to the end of the line. Getting over waiting no job, car or house. Today is day 37. I even paid for priority the lady that sold it to me said 10-15 days not that it would take this long.
Hi Simon. Your story sounds the same as mine back a while ago. I'm Canberra on 24 April, also priority. One thing I picked up along the way which would've been handy to know. When I've rang up and complained with the UKVI Contact Centre, they actually mentioned that the performance target for priority service is 30 days. The people in the Contact Centre have no access to your file to know you're priority so it's only when you say you paid the $1000-odd whatever it is that they will escalate.

If you want to try your luck, give them a call and you might get lucky with the operator. Some say they won't do any escalation at all until day 60. When I did my first escalation at day 60, the guy I talked to said I should've heard 30 days ago.

Magic words seem to be
1. Priority Processing
2. 30 day target
3. The exact dollar amount you paid VFS for the priority fee.

Then tell them you want your case escalated to the decision making centre as you've waited over the 30 day target for priority processing cases.

Word of warning - many of the operators are dumb as <snip>. But occassionally there's some good ones that genuinely try to help.

And one more thing - ask for a reference number for the call. UKVI may refund your call cost given it was a call beyond your control. I've been quite successful so far on that front. They just don't want people calling up kicking tyres hence the GBP1.30 per minute.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 13th 2017 at 7:51 am. Reason: Putting an exclamation mark in it doesn't make it ok! Family friendly forum and all that......
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

Received an email this morning from the call centre as an update to my call and they said they now see the status as "decision made" - although TLS still shows "waiting for decision"
How many working days have you been waiting?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quophi
How many working days have you been waiting?
today is the 60th day
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

today is the 60th day
Thanks for sharing, was it priority?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.