Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Clive157
OMG that is crazy!! What happened have you managed to get through to them? I can't believe what I am reading on here. We are now day 70 been escalated and may here something next week but just have such low confidence & expectations- I am truly shocked at the treatment we have all received.
We have just received an email confirming they made an error, we have to send the passports back to Sheffield to have the vignettes attached. Only problem they have given us a PO box address so we can't send by UPS or FedEx, will have to send them USPS Priority mail.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
We have just received an email confirming they made an error, we have to send the passports back to Sheffield to have the vignettes attached. Only problem they have given us a PO box address so we can't send by UPS or FedEx, will have to send them USPS Priority mail.
It defies belief! So you have definitely been approved which is fantastic so hope you can now make plans.. Did they give any guarantee of turnaround to get passports back to you? Hope so and that is all goes ok. You will be so happy when you touch down here I am sure! Good luck
Old Aug 14th 2017, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Moroccan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi guys
I've been reading your emails for ages ,I did apply for my spouse visa and I had the biometric appointment on 23rd of June 2017 and even paid priority I had onfirmation email from Sheffield as they received my application and still waiting
I think that the immigration office is less staffed already and I think that the world athletic Championship in London has made delay
Looking forward to hear about my visa and good luck guys !
Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE - after I posted the comments above we decided to send an email asking for a physical address in Sheffield we can use to send the passports via UPS to save time, they replied that they thought we were already in the UK!!

Shortly after that we received another email instructing us not to return the passports and saying someone from the team will contact us, nothing further so the uncertainty continues.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Hello

I have applied for a non priority settlement visa from Canada on April 13th(biometrics date).We are at 84 working days. I received a request for more documentation at the 12 week/60 day mark which was July 11th. Roughly two weeks later we received the "your application isnot straight forward" email. Later that day I then received another email stating" referring your details onto a manager to request your application is reviewed and finalized as soon as possible" email. Has anyone else received this email? It's been another 3 weeks. ASAP must mean take your timeo UKVI.
To say we are frustrated, sadden, grumpy, deflated is an understatement. In 15 years of marriage I have never been away from my husband for more then 2 weeks, we are approaching 3 months/12 weeks. I concede, you win UKVI, please let us be reunited already.

Has anyone with a non priority application been approved before the 6months?
Thanks!!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE - after I posted the comments above we decided to send an email asking for a physical address in Sheffield we can use to send the passports via UPS to save time, they replied that they thought we were already in the UK!!

Shortly after that we received another email instructing us not to return the passports and saying someone from the team will contact us, nothing further so the uncertainty continues.
If that's not maladministration, then I don't know what is. I can't believe how they possibly think that you can submit for a spouse visa for the first time and they think you're in the country! Am I missing something with the rules, or do they not even know their own rules.

Everything crossed for a speedy resolution.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bushy,

The one piece of advice I can offer from my own experience is that the escalation process is supposed to be completed within 15 working days, which kind of sounds like what that manager email is about. Unless someone more experienced than I says otherwise, I'd be following up with the useless contact centre to at least get a message into the system to record that you've been waiting more than 15 working days and that it should be resolved urgently. Give dates and quote text from the relevant emails.

I had an escalation go awry, and managed to convince the call centre operator that I had already waited the 15 working days and needed urgent action. UKVI Decision Making Team got back to me pretty quickly (their response wasn't useful, but it got another note on the file for how unsatisfactory my case has been). You might want to go the email route to help with the documentation of your issues.

Hope that helps.

Matt.

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Hello

I have applied for a non priority settlement visa from Canada on April 13th(biometrics date).We are at 84 working days. I received a request for more documentation at the 12 week/60 day mark which was July 11th. Roughly two weeks later we received the "your application isnot straight forward" email. Later that day I then received another email stating" referring your details onto a manager to request your application is reviewed and finalized as soon as possible" email. Has anyone else received this email? It's been another 3 weeks. ASAP must mean take your timeo UKVI.
To say we are frustrated, sadden, grumpy, deflated is an understatement. In 15 years of marriage I have never been away from my husband for more then 2 weeks, we are approaching 3 months/12 weeks. I concede, you win UKVI, please let us be reunited already.

Thanks!!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Thanks Matt!!

I have escalated a few times now, but all via phone calls. I will take your advice and send a detail account by email. At least it is documented, like you mentioned.
Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Hi Bushy,

The one piece of advice I can offer from my own experience is that the escalation process is supposed to be completed within 15 working days, which kind of sounds like what that manager email is about. Unless someone more experienced than I says otherwise, I'd be following up with the useless contact centre to at least get a message into the system to record that you've been waiting more than 15 working days and that it should be resolved urgently. Give dates and quote text from the relevant emails.

I had an escalation go awry, and managed to convince the call centre operator that I had already waited the 15 working days and needed urgent action. UKVI Decision Making Team got back to me pretty quickly (their response wasn't useful, but it got another note on the file for how unsatisfactory my case has been). You might want to go the email route to help with the documentation of your issues.

Hope that helps.

Matt.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 15th 2017 at 2:58 am. Reason: quotes
Old Aug 15th 2017, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Hello

Thanks!!
I have seen a few approved before 6 months. Sheffield seem to be dealing with middle of May applications now which is were we are. Frustrating for us because despite 2 telephone calls and 2 emails one of which escalated (the 15 days is over) they are still keeping us in the dark. Had my MP make a few calls and they won't give him any info either regards receipt of my supporting docs on 19 May. They have to reply to him within 20 working days. He seems optimistic as I have everything tracked but I'm just sick to death of it. Been on another site were one person been waiting 133 days. I just cannot comprehend that!!! What bothers me
is that 90% of applicants put priority applications in and every time they do non priorities are pushed back which seems not fair. Of course some non priorities are slipping through i guess straight forward ones!! Got no more answers to this hell
hole!!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Thanks!!
Yes my hubby's application was decided on the 60th day ,we haven't received the passport yet though,we did not get a case not straightforward email,we did not get a hold email (non priority)biometrics was done on the 17th of May .It was decided on the 7th of August ,we're waiting for the passport now .
Good luck to you too
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Did you also apply from Canada?
Hope the passport arrives this week for you. Do you know if it's being mailed to you directly or back to the uk consulate for you to pick up?
Thanks. All the best!

Originally Posted by Emm123
Yes my hubby's application was decided on the 60th day ,we haven't received the passport yet though,we did not get a case not straightforward email,we did not get a hold email (non priority)biometrics was done on the 17th of May .It was decided on the 7th of August ,we're waiting for the passport now .
Good luck to you too
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you also apply from Canada?
Hope the passport arrives this week for you. Do you know if it's being mailed to you directly or back to the uk consulate for you to pick up?
Thanks. All the best!
No Bushy 911,we applied from Ghana
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

MEV1886 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Dear All,

I have submitted our Priority Visa on the 14TH June and we have still not had a decision. I called the abroad application line and despite providing the GWF number they did not appear to have information regarding specific dates of the online application date or the biometrics.

They have stated that I cannot escalate this until 60 days has passed, although I cannot remember seeing anything about that 60 day rule, I remember that they give no guarantee on the 15 days, but it seems strange they can ask us to wait until 60 days without advising us in advance, perhaps I missed something.

I have read many people out there are having the same issue

However, according to the info I have received from the call centre or lack of depth of knowledge, it seems pointless to escalate at 60 days as they seem to give an answer without a particular system.

Any advice on this? Especially Britin paris seems to know specifics on these issues.

Should we just sit tight or will escalating actually help us get a quicker answer, we are fretting mainly due to the kids school term dates.

Any help, much appreciated.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:20 am
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEV1886
Dear All,

I have submitted our Priority Visa on the 14TH June and we have still not had a decision. I called the abroad application line and despite providing the GWF number they did not appear to have information regarding specific dates of the online application date or the biometrics.

They have stated that I cannot escalate this until 60 days has passed, although I cannot remember seeing anything about that 60 day rule, I remember that they give no guarantee on the 15 days, but it seems strange they can ask us to wait until 60 days without advising us in advance, perhaps I missed something.

However, according to the info I have received from the call centre or lack of depth of knowledge, it seems pointless to escalate at 60 days as they seem to give an answer without a particular system.

Any advice on this? Especially Britin paris seems to know specifics on these issues.

Should we just sit tight or will escalating actually help us get a quicker answer, we are fretting mainly due to the kids school term dates.

Hi!

Unfortunately it's true... even with priority we need to wait 60 working days (12 weeks)

Apparently for non priority is 24 weeks

But call your MP and see it they can help you.

My 60th day is this Friday..
fingers crossed!
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Yangirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEV1886
Dear All,

What is your biometric enrolment date and the intended travel date on application form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.