Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 9th 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

zlynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by movingtolakes
My UPS tracking shows the same thing but decision was made on 6th - anyone else have a handle on how long it takes them in general to ship the documents and passports back once a decision is made?
I definitely have the same question so if anyone knows anything that would be helpful. Regarding UPS, I’ve heard on another forum that they update it around 4:00pm UK time.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 2:52 am
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

Can anyone who recently received their passports back via mail comment on what came in the package, so for a refusal I assume a letter comes with the package explaining why you were refused. How about for a successful application- was there a letter included in the package or just the docs and passport?
Old Aug 14th 2018, 4:11 am
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone who recently received their passports back via mail comment on what came in the package, so for a refusal I assume a letter comes with the package explaining why you were refused. How about for a successful application- was there a letter included in the package or just the docs and passport?
You’ll get a letter informing you that your visa application has been successful. The letter will also explain next steps, including where you should pick up your Biometric Residency Permit and from what date it will be available.

You need to present the letter to the immigration officer upon arrival in the UK and also take it with you when you go to pick up your BRP card.

That’s just for a spouse visa. If you successfully applied for a Fiancé visa, they will just put a six month visa sticker in your passport with no accompanying letter.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimCypher

You’ll get a letter informing you that your visa application has been successful. The letter will also explain next steps, including where you should pick up your Biometric Residency Permit and from what date it will be available.

You need to present the letter to the immigration officer upon arrival in the UK and also take it with you when you go to pick up your BRP card.

That’s just for a spouse visa. If you successfully applied for a Fiancé visa, they will just put a six month visa sticker in your passport with no accompanying letter.
have you received any letter?

what happens to applicant who used passport back service and retained their passport?
My understanding is if accepted they ask for the passport and if refused the VAC( TLS) will send the letter out by email rather than asking for passport to be submitted again

Last edited by Shadowfair; Aug 14th 2018 at 2:27 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbanebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

​​​​I'm a bit confused about an email we've had from the visa Hub at the British Embassy Manila. I can't seem to find any recent info on this (pre jul 2017)...we applied from Brisbane (bio 19.06.18) and sent docs same day. ECO email 4.07.18 from Sheffield and I also sent an additional document on the same day to the Sheffield address. We also got an email from Sheffield about return postage (sent again as was already included), then on 2.08.18 we escalated via email.

14.08.18 we received an email from Manila Visa Hub, Home Office, British Embassy Manila saying the following:
Thank you for your UK visa application which is now under consideration. We aim to process regular non settlement applications within 15 working days, regular settlement applications within 60 working days, priority non settlement applications within 3-5 working days and priority settlement applications within 10 working days.

We apologise that we have been unable to meet these targets at this time. There are a number of reasons why we may not be able to meet our processing targets. We regret we are unable to give you a more detailed information whilst we are processing your application. You will be notified of the outcome of your application once your application has been decided.

I thought all settlement visas were decided on in Sheffield and the passports kept at the regional Embassy? So has the decision been made or is ours being decided on in Manila?

Any light would be much appreciated. Over scrutinising everything and forum stalking for 2 months now, we are utterly exhausted.

Thanks

Last edited by Brisbanebrit; Aug 14th 2018 at 9:47 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:40 am
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
have you received any letter?
Yes, our application was successful.

what happens to applicant who used passport back service and retained their passport?
My understanding is if accepted they ask for the passport and if refused the VAC( TLS) will send the letter out by email rather than asking for passport to be submitted again
I don't believe that's true. I'm pretty sure I read that they ask you to re-submit your passport irrespective of the decision.

For us, they held onto the passport from biometrics to passport return following the decision.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Trooper86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trooper86
Today is 48 days on a priority service and not heard anything. Will be calling UKVI today.
Received my passport with visa today! Wish all of you who are waiting all the best!
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Has your tls updated straight away?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TimCypher
Yes, our application was successful.

I don't believe that's true. I'm pretty sure I read that they ask you to re-submit your passport irrespective of the decision.

For us, they held onto the passport from biometrics to passport return following the decision.
tls got us to sign a letter saying if decision is negative they will email the letter and no need to submit the passport to them
our application was in turkey and my fiance isn't resident in turkey so I suppose that is why they offered it .

in reallity if you are refused, why would they ask for passport?

does the UKVI decision say whether you have been granted or refused? or will customer service line tell you ?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 8:54 am
Just Joined

tls got us to sign a letter saying if decision is negative they will email the letter and no need to submit the passport to them
our application was in turkey and my fiance isn't resident in turkey so I suppose that is why they offered it .

in reallity if you are refused, why would they ask for passport?
They need your passport to be able to record the visa refusal against that passport. As it wasn't in their care, you might have lost your passport while the visa was being processed and now have a new one, in which case they want to ensure the refusal is logged against your most current travel document.

does the UKVI decision say whether you have been granted or refused? or will customer service line tell you ?
No and no...

There are only two ways you can find out upfront of getting your passport back what the decision was. And those two ways are:

1) You went to your MP and they managed to find out for you.
2) You applied with a dependent child and they sent you an e-Mail to make the extra IHS payment - if you get that, you know your visa has been approved.

Aside from that, there's no way to know for sure. Though, it's probably fair to say that a quick decision on your application is more likely to be an approval.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:43 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

Sitting in my garage in 100 degree heat listening out for the UPS truck and feeling sick to the stomach about opening the package - I swear I have aged about 10 years in the last 3 months
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Did you get it?
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:30 am
UK spouse visa

Did you get it?
The UPS truck showed up and i ran out and ripped open the package - inside was a letter confirming our application was a success and a visa in my wife's passport, best day of my life! We have until September 13th to travel and will be leaving on the 28th August. I'm currently typing up a summary of what documents we sent in, i could not have done this without the forum, despite the fact i hired a solicitor a lot of the documents i collected based off advice on here the solicitor used - if i were to do it again i would not use a solicitor. I'll be checking on here i'm hoping all you guys still waiting get positive outcomes - best of luck
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

The UPS truck showed up and i ran out and ripped open the package - inside was a letter confirming our application was a success and a visa in my wife's passport, best day of my life! We have until September 13th to travel and will be leaving on the 28th August. I'm currently typing up a summary of what documents we sent in, i could not have done this without the forum, despite the fact i hired a solicitor a lot of the documents i collected based off advice on here the solicitor used - if i were to do it again i would not use a solicitor. I'll be checking on here i'm hoping all you guys still waiting get positive outcomes - best of luck

congrats🤗
Old Aug 16th 2018, 1:35 am
UK spouse visa

congrats🤗
thanks - how about you? whats the situation? mine took 45 business days - think you are a bit behind so i wouldn't worry too much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.