Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 27th 2017, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Jayla4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
SO apparently the 31 oct email was just sent to most of us for the sake of it... I don’t understand what they are upto..what action can we take?
Anyone waiting from March?
Yes!
I'm waiting since March 22
Old Oct 27th 2017, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's official - now in the (allegedly) just 1% of people not processed within 120 days from the USA. No word what the problem is, no real hope for when a decision is due. But at least they can tell the tabloids they are being tough on immigration.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously... can’t believe it coming from UK government.. they are failing at their commitment time and again.. when applied waited for 90 working days then got non straightforward email.. then contacted them and they said the maximun time is 180 working days.. after that no response .. then 31 oct email.. nothing yet the month is already over..
how to trust them? Atleast keep up to your words..especially for those who have crossed 180 days mark..we have nowhere to go and raise are concerns. Mp’s can’t really help us much either coz HO doesn’t wana respond.. never ever thought would face this kina helpless situation.

Loosing hope..the wait and frustration is just getting all over.. they are literally playing with people’s life which god knows if intentional or unintentional...if they need any further details why do they not contact us? Jist keeping us hanging on there.. 7months and I dont have my passport.. I wished there was some law to sack these people..
Waiting since December, received 31st October email. Totally clueless as they first processed most applications that didn’t complete 24 weeks and didn’t care to touch older ones.
Unfortunately, they don’t have to abide to any laws. They can take any long they want and process applications they like to save their figures.

Once a case is marked NFS, they can keep it in a separate pile which need no special attention and can later process it whenever they want. It’s all on luck, not rules! No use blaming anyone. More you wait, more u’ll try to contact them and more they’ll earn. At the end of day, all that matters is money, not lives nor emotions. There’s none looking at your tears or hearing your cries... 😢

Last edited by rvg1212; Oct 27th 2017 at 9:07 am.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:37 am
Just Joined

bham1 is an unknown quantity at this point

SO apparently the 31 oct email was just sent to most of us for the sake of it... I don’t understand what they are upto..what action can we take?
Anyone waiting from March?

Hi
I'm also waiting from 3march
Still wait
I want advice from all if we send email To complaint is this any bad effect our case. Or it's normal we can do.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
It's official - now in the (allegedly) just 1% of people not processed within 120 days from the USA. No word what the problem is, no real hope for when a decision is due. But at least they can tell the tabloids they are being tough on immigration.
Absolutely bonkers. 120 days. On UKYankee forum most applicants have had their visas, there's only a few left that have recently submitted their applications. But don't think i've seen anyone from the USA wait this long. Might be one other i think.

Fingers crossed you hear something this month. 4 more days to go for 31st October!
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Irin
Oh really?! Jesus!

That is also pretty weird as when I was applying earlier for visitor visas they were able to receive application, make a decision, print visa and send passport back within 5 working days and now the simplest thing in the process left and it already took almost a month
Fingers crossed you get it back soon.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone that applied in September Non Priority have you heard anything back? Any visas granted?
Old Oct 27th 2017, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Sydvir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bham1
Hi
I'm also waiting from 3march
Still wait
I want advice from all if we send email To complaint is this any bad effect our case. Or it's normal we can do.
Hi bham1
Don't complain. Bcz they will send ' as we previously advised the case has not been straightforward' blaa blaa blaa 😞
Old Oct 27th 2017, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Anyone that applied in September Non Priority have you heard anything back? Any visas granted?
Do you mean priority? I doubt anyone that applied non-priority in September would have their visas granted in a month.
I recall seeing three September priority applications granted in the timelines thread - two from Hong Kong and one from Nigeria.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys i cant believe my eyes. Visa is here. Just check the visa centre shows passport ready for collection. My husband was asleep woked him up and in 1hr he was at the centre and got his passport with visa approved. You are all in my prayers and i hope you will be in UK soon...good luck to you all xx
Old Oct 27th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Passport collected with visa approved ALHAMDULLAH.
applied 28th April
not straightforward email 20 July and requested divorce cert which we sent in 5 days
31st October email 25th Sept.
today 27th October exactly 6 months. no email from Sheffield only email from VFS to collect passport. in 1 hours husband turned up at the visa centre and picked his visa. luckily we didn't have to wait for 2 days to pick up the passport all done in 1 hour.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Hey guys i cant believe my eyes. Visa is here. Just check the visa centre shows passport ready for collection. My husband was asleep woked him up and in 1hr he was at the centre and got his passport with visa approved. You are all in my prayers and i hope you will be in UK soon...good luck to you all xx
Congratulations! After 6 months of waiting..so happy for you.
Hoping all those who got the email get the same good news by 31st October.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Passport collected with visa approved ALHAMDULLAH.
applied 28th April
not straightforward email 20 July and requested divorce cert which we sent in 5 days
31st October email 25th Sept.
today 27th October exactly 6 months. no email from Sheffield only email from VFS to collect passport. in 1 hours husband turned up at the visa centre and picked his visa. luckily we didn't have to wait for 2 days to pick up the passport all done in 1 hour.
Congrats buddy!
We are still waiting,
109days for us today 😰.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Minho86
Congrats buddy!
We are still waiting,
109days for us today 😰.
If you havent heard anything since the 25th sept email when they mentioned 31st Oct deadline, you will definatly hear from them just after 6 months from your biometric. Because today is exactly 6 months for me.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gaja00
Congratulations! After 6 months of waiting..so happy for you.
Hoping all those who got the email get the same good news by 31st October.
Thank you gaja. Best of luck to all of you xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.