Wikiposts

Marriage Visa

Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by goins
I am going on a visa (marriage visa ) for 6 mths as per our lawyer was stating she needed to pay her self from her business (antique furniture) every week which she was not doing so that's the reason why I had to go the visa route,
That's why I asked as I thought that might be the reason why you entitled this thread Marriage Visa and then said you would then return home and apply for a spouse visa. All you can do is provide as much information as you can to UKVI when you apply for the Marriage Visitor Visa and follow their format.

Have a read of these new rules that came in last month for marrying in the UK so that you can be prepared.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...age_notice.pdf

Thinking ahead - For the spouse visa.
Have a good look at the UK rules for sponsoring under self employment. Her income is judged on her taxable income (after her tax deductions) and that will have to be at least 18,600 that she declares to HMRC to be taxed on and this net profit will need to be traceable. Also note her declaration to HMRC for taxation will have to fit in with Immigration rules before self employment rules, so she might have to declare her taxes earlier for the relevant tax year because UKVI will check with HMRC that she paid her taxes.

Savings can't be combined with self employment earnings to sponsor you. It's not the easiest catagory to sponsor someone.

Last edited by formula; Apr 21st 2015 at 9:04 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I have looked up which country your location is; if you have Canadian citizenship and have a grandparent born in the UK then you can apply for an Ancestry visa.
https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa/overview
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

My grand father is a waddel (Scottish)who fought in India my father was born in India, (anglo Indian Scottish descent) I really don't know if i can prove it, never thought about that also both my mother and father is deceased 1983, Mother 2010. I am a Canadian Citizen since 1972, and had enough (lol) I have fathered 2 kids 21 and 17, 21 left university to work will go back later 17 does not know what to do. they won't be coming with me but have added them to the application divorced waiting for the judge to sign of probably late June ( hopefully i get lucky)which i was told thats when i want to go and marry my fiance.

Is this after i get married or before i get married, i will look into this matter with my sister and brother.

Last edited by goins; Apr 21st 2015 at 10:41 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

My grand father is a waddel (Scottish)who fought in India my father was born in India, (anglo Indian Scottish descent) I really don't know if i can prove it, never thought about that also both my mother and father is deceased 1983, Mother 2010. I am a Canadian Citizen since 1972, and had enough (lol) I have fathered 2 kids 21 and 17, 21 left university to work will go back later 17 does not know what to do. they won't be coming with me but have added them to the application divorced waiting for the judge to sign of probably late June ( hopefully i get lucky)which i was told thats when i want to go and marry my fiance.

Is this after i get married or before i get married, i will look into this matter with my sister and brother.
If your Scottish-born grandfather was in the British Army when your father was born in India then you may be a British citizen.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

hello Brit, (SMH) shaking my head ..where do i start with this.. and who do i follow up with is there a site for this.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

hello Brit, (SMH) shaking my head ..where do i start with this.. and who do i follow up with is there a site for this.
1. Your paternal grandfather was born in the United Kingdom (Scotland).
2. Your paternal grandfather was in Crown service (British Army) having been recruited in the United Kingdom and was married to your grandmother at the time of your father's birth in India.
3. Your father was married to your mother at the time of your birth.

All things being equal, if all those statements are true, then you are already a British citizen and need only to apply for your British passport.

Were you born in Canada?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No i was born in India i am called an ... (AI) Anglo Indian due to one of my parents being English
Also my Father was married to An armenian lady in India.
All that is said is true which you have written
Ty

Last edited by goins; Apr 22nd 2015 at 12:00 am.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:59 pm

No i was born in India i am called an ... (AI) Anglo Indian due to one of my parents being English
What passport did you hold before becoming Canadian?
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

UK Passport Application in Canada - Immigroup - We Are Immigration Law
i was told that if my father was born in the UK i could
they would not accept my grandfather
father was born in India .
ok am stumped.

I held a Passport from India

Last edited by goins; Apr 22nd 2015 at 12:52 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

My grand father is a waddel (Scottish)
Does that mean your grandfather was born in Scotland?

At the very least it seems you qualify for an Ancestry visa (link given above). It's a work visa and it's 5 years minimum to ILR (Indefinate Leave to Remain). Same time to ILR as a spouse visa. If you are quick, you could bring your 17 year old with you as your dependant as they are under age 18, subject to the mother's consent.

1. Overview

You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you:

are a Commonwealth citizen
are applying from outside the UK
are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK
are able and planning to work in the UK
meet the other eligibility requirements

Is this after i get married or before i get married,
Whenever you want as it is based on your grandparents. If you have an Ancestry visa then you don't need to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa nor have to wait for your fiance to earn enough to sponsor you. Nor pay that lawyer anymore.

Or you may already be British??? See what BiP says.

Last edited by formula; Apr 22nd 2015 at 2:10 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 1:55 am

UK Passport Application in Canada - Immigroup - We Are Immigration Law
i was told that if my father was born in the UK i could
they would not accept my grandfather
father was born in India .
ok am stumped.
Ignore that website. It's a third party agency offering to obtain your passport for you at a hugely inflated price.

I held a Passport from India
Okay, so you lost your Indian citizenship when you became a Canadian citizen.

The official government website is: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You'll need the following documents:

- Your paternal grandfather's full British birth certificate
- Your paternal grandparents' marriage certificate
- Your father's Indian birth certificate showing your grandparents' details and evidence showing that your grandfather was in Crown service at the time of your father's birth and that he was recruited in the UK OR his British military/consular birth certificate
- Your parents' marriage certificate
- Your Indian birth certificate showing your parents' details
- A colour photocopy of your current Canadian passport

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 22nd 2015 at 2:00 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't have the first one..or the second one but

O.man this not looking good..gonna go Krazy if I can't join my fiance in marriage
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:18 am

I don't have the first one..or the second one but

O.man this not looking good..gonna go Krazy if I can't join my fiance in marriage
If your grandfather was born and married in the UK then it'll be easy enough to obtain copies.

Scotland: How to Order an Official Extract from the Registers | National Records of Scotland

England and Wales: General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths

You can also approach the GRO to see whether your father's birth was registered with the British authorities.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Will have a chat with the elder sister she has my dad's birth cert.also has anyone in this forum been deprived of aquiring a marriage visa visitors. .my lawyers says give all kind of docs pics conversations the engagement ring restaurants sightseeing places and where I was staying which was at her residence. Can her father help me..he wants to but how...thanks all
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Will have a chat with the elder sister she has my dad's birth cert.also has anyone in this forum been deprived of aquiring a marriage visa visitors. .my lawyers says give all kind of docs pics conversations the engagement ring restaurants sightseeing places and where I was staying which was at her residence. Can her father help me..he wants to but how...thanks all

No, her father can't help you. But you have better than that as you have BritInParis is helping you.

If you really want to know, a quick google shows
Refusal of Marriage Visitor Visa

US citizen refused marriage visitor visa

You don't seem to realise that you have a golden ticket through your Scottish born grandfather.
They are better than the route you have been talking about - Marriage Visitor visa/leave your wife and return to Canada/wait until your wife can sponsor you.

If you do what BiP says you can find out if you are already British, then you won't need a visa to marry or live the UK as you are British.

If you aren't British, then you can apply for an Ancestry visa which will be a 5 year work visa that allows you to remain in the UK and settle here; is a quicker route to ILR as you won't have to wait for your fiance to be able to sponsor you; it's much, much cheaper than the spouse visa route; you won't need a Marriage visitor visa; you won't have to return to Canada after you are married.

Last edited by formula; Apr 22nd 2015 at 6:53 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.