Marriage Visa

Old Apr 20th 2015, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Smile Marriage Visa

Hello all, nice forum, i have a couple of questions

1) I have just put my divorce through for clearence takes about 6 weeks, I am in the process of fileing my Marriage visa to goto the UK for 6mths , I have know this person since last March 2014 visted her for Christmas and also this year Feb 2015 till April, once i get my certificate of divorce i will certainly go there.
2) I am not employed due to my coming back in April of this year but have the backings of my savings whcih enables me to support my self for over 2 yrs. will get a bank statement to prove. also i am self employed ..I do IT contracts, Will i run into problems with my Visa, I have to come back after 6mths and then apply for a spouse visa anyways
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by goins
2) I am not employed due to my coming back in April of this year but have the backings of my savings whcih enables me to support my self for over 2 yrs. will get a bank statement to prove. also i am self employed ..I do IT contracts, Will i run into problems with my Visa, I have to come back after 6mths and then apply for a spouse visa anyways
Thanks in advance
Look at it from UKVIs point of view, you need to show proof that you have something to go back home for and will therefore not overstay i.e. a letter from your employer saying they are expecting you back, rental or mortgage agreement ect.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

I do reside at my house currently, and when i do come back i will be moving into an apartment, Seriously i do not plan my overstaying..travelled twice and have come back with out any issues.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I do reside at my house currently, and when i do come back i will be moving into an apartment, Seriously i do not plan my overstaying..travelled twice and have come back with out any issues.
Perhaps show that rental contract for that new appartment? It's not going to be easy when you have no employers letter and your family (your wife) is in the UK. It's UKVI you need to convince.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

This is thing i am struggling with, i just finished my last job January 24 i can get a letter stating i was there, also my previous job was a 6mth contract, as for my not working now, i am taking some time off i work 24/7. i still reside at my house, even though we have divorced the agreement was when i come back i would move out i live in the basement, which is completed. engaged to marry her why so hard.. lordy

Very afraid of what might happen going crazy here.

Thanks Formula does this even look good
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:44 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you (or are you contemplating) applied for a visit visa?

Or are you talking about entering the country as a visitor?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is thing i am struggling with, i just finished my last job January 24 i can get a letter stating i was there, also my previous job was a 6mth contract, as for my not working now, i am taking some time off i work 24/7. i still reside at my house, even though we have divorced the agreement was when i come back i would move out i live in the basement, which is completed. engaged to marry her why so hard.. lordy

Very afraid of what might happen going crazy here.

Thanks Formula does this even look good
You need to show UKVI that you have something to return for.

It might be better if you ask ksand on Visas & Citizenship
as she is very good on what is needed to be shown for a Marriage Visitor Visas.

If you flick back through that board, you may even find her answering others who asked what proof they should show that they need to return home.

Or
can you marry in your country and then apply for a spouse visa.

Or apply for a fiance visa and then apply for a spouse visa once you are married as you can remain in the UK to do that, as long as you marry within 6 months and get your spouse visa application in.

Neither of these 2 require you to show you are going to leave, but your intended will have to sponsor you. All the sponsorship catagories for a partner.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Any reason why you want to marry and then return home and apply for a spouse visa? People who have that Marriage Visitor visa don't usually intend to reside in the UK after they are married. Or were you hoping to use that as your fiance can't sponsor you yet?
I have to come back after 6mths and then apply for a spouse visa anyways

Last edited by formula; Apr 21st 2015 at 1:20 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all, nice forum, i have a couple of questions

1) I have just put my divorce through for clearence takes about 6 weeks, I am in the process of fileing my Marriage visa to goto the UK for 6mths , I have know this person since last March 2014 visted her for Christmas and also this year Feb 2015 till April, once i get my certificate of divorce i will certainly go there.
Thanks in advance
To move to the UK your proposed wife would need to sponsor you.

It's HER income/savings/investments which count towards the financial requirements for a visa, not yours.

Read the following document to see how she qualifies

Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:01 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
To move to the UK your proposed wife would need to sponsor you.

It's HER income/savings/investments which count towards the financial requirements for a visa, not yours.

Read the following document to see how she qualifies

Savings of either party can be counted towards the requirement (and the OP mentions he does have savings).

I believe the OP was originally asking about visiting his fiancé.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am going on a visa (marriage visa ) for 6 mths as per our lawyer was stating she needed to pay her self from her business (antique furniture) every week which she was not doing so that's the reason why I had to go the visa route, my question is/was instead of working full time I put down self employed due to contracts which I do..and have been doing I usually work 24/7 depending how long the contract is for and then take time off , I don't get holidays, and this was /is the best time to doit before I come back to my next contract.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Your post is very confusing.

It sounds like you are applying for a Marriage Visitor visa. This allows you to enter the UK for up to 6 months to get married and then the non UK citizen must leave back to their home country and applies for a spouse visa to return to the UK.

For this visa you have to show that you have the funds to support yourself during this 6 month period.

After your marriage, where do you intend to live - UK or US?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am coming back to Toronto then applying for my spousel visa to be with my wife aiming for that

Last edited by goins; Apr 21st 2015 at 11:38 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about the post my mind not with me. Just wanting to be with my fiancé. ..miss that woman
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Also should i include pictures with my fiance, with my Visa application and HEalth Insurance which i always get when i travel..
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Also should i include pictures with my fiance, with my Visa application and HEalth Insurance which i always get when i travel..
Have you looked at the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/doc...u-must-provide

and the guide to documents required:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Documents.pdf

You need to provide, among other things, proof of your relationship and proof of your intending marriage. Pictures always help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.