Marriage/Spousal Visa Questions

Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

pimpmycode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage/Spousal Visa Questions

Hi All,
Two quick questions regarding UK spousal visas.

Will spousal visas for settlement be affected by the immigration caps that are being introduced? From what i understand it is only for the Tier visas, is this correct?

My wife, a South African citizen had a spousal/marriage visa when she joined me in the UK. After two years in England we moved back to the SA and subsequently we didnt renew her visa again. Will this count against her if we want to return to the UK and apply for a marriage visa again?

Thanks for info.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage/Spousal Visa Questions

Originally Posted by pimpmycode
Hi All,
Two quick questions regarding UK spousal visas.

Will spousal visas for settlement be affected by the immigration caps that are being introduced?
No.

My wife, a South African citizen had a spousal/marriage visa when she joined me in the UK. After two years in England we moved back to the SA and subsequently we didnt renew her visa again. Will this count against her if we want to return to the UK and apply for a marriage visa again?
No. Although if she had obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain, she might have been able to return as a returning resident.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

pimpmycode is an unknown quantity at this point

JAJ, thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.
Will check the passport later but i don't think she had ILR yet.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

JAJ can you confirm as I thought if she did not get citizenship then she can remain there with ILR status provided she does not leave the UK for more than 2 years at one time.

- so if she had been out the UK over 2 years then her ILR status would be revoked ?

Originally Posted by JAJ
No.

No. Although if she had obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain, she might have been able to return as a returning resident.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 1:38 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/set...rningresidents
try this for information