Living in different houses on spouse visa

Old Dec 1st 2018, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

AnastasiaBond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in different houses on spouse visa

Hi guys,

So I've been in the UK on spouse/partner visa for 4 years now. When my visa expires I'm planning to apply for ILR. We have lived together since the begging but now I have the opportunity to buy my own place closer to my new work to make my life a bit easier and also get me on the property ladder. We are still together and planning to stay a couple. Would a different postcode create any problems for me to apply for ILR after I've been in the UK for 5 years? Does the Home office see it as a reason to doubt our relationships or is it acceptable? I mean...there are a lot of couples that live separately during the week and it's a norm now but could it be that home office is going to deny my to have a lifestyle I want on the basis of my nationality? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 1st 2018, 2:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in different houses on spouse visa

Originally Posted by AnastasiaBond
Hi guys,

So I've been in the UK on spouse/partner visa for 4 years now. When my visa expires I'm planning to apply for ILR. We have lived together since the begging but now I have the opportunity to buy my own place closer to my new work to make my life a bit easier and also get me on the property ladder. We are still together and planning to stay a couple. Would a different postcode create any problems for me to apply for ILR after I've been in the UK for 5 years? Does the Home office see it as a reason to doubt our relationships or is it acceptable? I mean...there are a lot of couples that live separately during the week and it's a norm now but could it be that home office is going to deny my to have a lifestyle I want on the basis of my nationality? Thanks in advance for your help!
I don't know whether or not living in separate properties for the last year will impact on your ILR application, but I do know that your nationality will have nothing to do with it (and I can't imagine why you'd think it would).

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 1st 2018 at 2:43 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 3:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Surely if you are applying to stay in the UK on the grounds of marriage then the immigration department will find it strange if you start talking about the opportunity to buy my own place and get me on the property ladder. Most couples buy property together and share their progress through life, Living separately in still the exception, not the rule.
Old Dec 1st 2018, 11:42 pm
Banned

Flame Aura is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I would say planning to buy your own place by yourself, to live by yourself, is a very very very odd thing to do when married. Makes it look as though you are not together anymore and the relationship is not genuine.