British citizen by descent. ROA or passport

Old Nov 26th 2018, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

AuthenticSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British citizen by descent. ROA or passport

Which is better? Applying for my first adult passport or ROA. Both my parents are deceased. I have my Dads old passport with his birth certificate and my mums old passport. My dad was born in Britain
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen by descent. ROA or passport

Passport. The only time ROA is preferable is if you’ll lose your current citizenship by applying for a British passport.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Passport. The only time ROA is preferable is if you’ll lose your current citizenship by applying for a British passport.

Ah ok. I see! Thanks a lot! I’m just worried I’d have to submit my passport and it’ll take a long time
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AuthenticSailor
Ah ok. I see! Thanks a lot! I’m just worried I’d have to submit my passport and it’ll take a long time
That’s a possibility with both options.
Old Nov 26th 2018, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That’s a possibility with both options.
youre Right.

I’ll just go for the passport.

No. Nigeria allows Dual nationality.

I just heard. You have to send it to Durham though. Thanks a lot
Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi! @ BritinParis.... 1 more thing.

Both my parents are deceased. And I have only documents I have. With me.

Dads - Birth/Death Certificate, Photocopy of data page of his passport. I also have an old British passport of his. Marriage certificate with my mum.
(I’m claiming from my Dad)
Mum- I only have her old Nigerian passport.

And!

Im currently in Poland/travelling round Europe and won’t be home for another say.....6-7 months. I am a seafarer.

I’m actually getting the passport to enable free movement for my application to join the Royal Navy.

so, 2 things actually 😅

Thanks a lot!

Old Nov 26th 2018, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AuthenticSailor
Hi! @ BritinParis.... 1 more thing.

Both my parents are deceased. And I have only documents I have. With me.

Dads - Birth/Death Certificate, Photocopy of data page of his passport. I also have an old British passport of his. Marriage certificate with my mum.
(I’m claiming from my Dad)
Mum- I only have her old Nigerian passport.

And!

Im currently in Poland/travelling round Europe and won’t be home for another say.....6-7 months. I am a seafarer.

I’m actually getting the passport to enable free movement for my application to join the Royal Navy.

so, 2 things actually 😅

Thanks a lot!

sorry. I forgot to ask the question 🤣

do you think these documents with some letter explaining my circumstances would be enough?

2. Do you think I can apply from Poland or wherever I am in the EU by that time..

the reason I’m applying from here is because I heard it takes time. So if rather not wait till I get to Nigeria. Just start here if it’s possible..

thanks so much!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 11:38 pm

1. Those documents should be sufficient to start the application. Your Passport Examiner May request extra documents if they think it necessary.

2. You could apply from outside Nigeria providing you could give an address in Nigeria where they could deliver the passport to.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot BIP. You’re the best.

I will let you know how everything unfolds eventually