Leaving & Entering the UK on marriage visa

Old Feb 28th 2016, 5:24 am
Just Joined

summo17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving & Entering the UK on marriage visa

Hi, everyone just having a bit of an issue while booking our flights to the UK, my partner is entering the UK on a marriage visa as we want to apply for a marriage license (She is Australian). I understand we have to be in the UK for 7 days before we apply for a marriage license i get that, but with the 28 days after that does the marriage visa still have to be valid for those 28 days ??

Another Issue we have is that the marriage visa is due to expire on the 27th of July, does this mean she has to be out on the UK on the 27th July?
The reason i ask this is because we are looking to travel to Spain from our stay back in the UK and we will be leaving the uk and re entering, is it possible to enter back in the uk on a holiday visa so that i can book the flights out of the uk after the 27th?
Sorry if this is a bit confusing but if anyone understands and can help it would be much appreciated
Andy
Old Feb 28th 2016, 10:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving & Entering the UK on marriage visa

A marriage visitor visa is valid for six months. It needs to remain valid for the entire period the holder remains in the UK.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A marriage visitor visa is valid for six months. It needs to remain valid for the entire period the holder remains in the UK.
I fully understand this quote, but if my partner was to leave and re enter the uk, could she re enter under a holiday visa before her marriage visa is up !!!
Old Feb 29th 2016, 6:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by summo17
I fully understand this quote, but if my partner was to leave and re enter the uk, could she re enter under a holiday visa before her marriage visa is up !!!
After you had married? There would be a possibility that she could be admitted as a visitor but it would depends on how long she had already spent in the UK, her ties to Australia, evidence of funds, return flight, etc..

If she had already recently spent a considerable time in the UK where she had married her British husband then both of those are red flags that she would not be a genuine visitor. Generally speaking if you are spending or looking to spend more than six out of twelve months in the UK means you would not be considered a genuine visitor.

What are your future intentions as a couple? Will you be living in the UK or Australia?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, we are just visiting this time around to arrange a marriage license. We don't intend on staying in the uk just visiting,I'm just a bit worried as we are planning to take a trip to Spain while we are visiting the uk and when we come back from Spain to the uk we may only have a few days till the marriage visa expires. I'm just wondering if when my partner enters back into the uk she can enter as a general visitor so she can stay a few days past the marriage visa expiry date?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by summo17
Thanks for your reply, we are just visiting this time around to arrange a marriage license. We don't intend on staying in the uk just visiting,I'm just a bit worried as we are planning to take a trip to Spain while we are visiting the uk and when we come back from Spain to the uk we may only have a few days till the marriage visa expires. I'm just wondering if when my partner enters back into the uk she can enter as a general visitor so she can stay a few days past the marriage visa expiry date?
That would be up to the Immigration Officer at the border. As a minimum you should bring evidence of your fiancée's return flight in your carry-on to show if necessary.