UK family visit visa- decision made in 2 days!!!!

Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

natasha24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK family visit visa- decision made in 2 days!!!!

Hello

My aunt is a british citizen and I am planning to visit her this spring. I am a student, aged 24 and I live in India. My dad will be paying for this trip. I applied for a family visitor visa on 19th February and the VFS appointment was on 23rd February. The passport, application and biometrics were collected on 23rd. I also submitted copies of bank statements to show I have sufficient funds to go on this trip.

I heard the visa processing time takes around 10-15 days but on 25th, I received an email from the gov.uk and they said a decision has been made. It also had my application's reference number and it said a decision has been made on my application and my completed application has been sent to the VFS centre.

The next day I received an email from VFS which said they have received my passport and documents. I had opted for passport collection in person (unfortunately I am out of station ) and can't pick up my passport until 5th March.

I am extremely worried because I read on a few forums saying if the application was processed quickly, it definitely means rejection. This is the first time I have applied for a UK visa.
Is this true? Does this mean a refusal??

Last edited by natasha24; Feb 29th 2016 at 3:13 pm.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK family visit visa- decision made in 2 days!!!!

No way of knowing until you collect your passport. No point trying to second guess it.